Advanced Search

Add “Gardening Tools” to “Task Specific” Section?

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Add “Gardening Tools” to “Task Specific” Section?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jonny
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 40

Well, while I’m suggesting “Salon Shears” to the “Task Specific Section” (per my previous post) I might as well suggest my other interest in sharpening, Gardening Shears/Tools.

I actually brought it up in one of my original posts on this forum and got some interest from Clay but thought i’d make an official suggestion and see if any others are interested in razor sharp pruning shears, tools and even lawnmower blades.

Would love to hear theories on grit progression/angles, etc. that might be suited to these tools/metals.

Jill Dufour
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 5

I do a lot of gardening tools and frankly – with the exception of some precision blades used for grafting or bonsai- my WEPS is more precise than needed. Mower blades are pretty much a (gasp) Dremel job, and small flat diamond hones work for pruners. Every once in a while I do use my ultra course stones (50/80) on knocked pruners (hand holding them). Those paddles are metal-removing beasts!

Jill

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.