Advanced Search

A Newbe hello to all

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat A Newbe hello to all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Windthot
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

Hey everyone I’m new here ant wanted to say hey. I am pretty new to a fine edge. Up to now I have used had sharpening stones and diamond systems. I have a lansky sharpener that I found okay. Saving for a Pro II E.P and likely will order it in the next month or so. Anxious to put a mirror finish on my newlyaquired ZT 0770 CF. Love the knife so far. PS my wife is telling me as I write this I have a knife problem, obsession, love of knives.  She said it in a maner that one would introduce himself in a AA meeting. LOL

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Hello and welcome, from an old guy in South Eastern Pennsylvania…. I carry My ZT 350 tiger everyday, along with my Swiss army knife and my Kimber Ultra 45 ACP  combat defense package. Your choice of the WE Pro II is the choice I made about a month ago, I have since added another set of leather strops and a set of Balsa strops. I’ve added some magnets to the base to help gather the steel shavings, and a set of boots ( finger cots …size small ) to the ball joint arms… Just a heads up… I’ve been sharpening knives for 55 years…After sharpening my first knife with my WE Pro II , I cut myself…I did not know even after 55 years, just how sharp a knife can be… I have a totally new respect for the sharpness of a knife edge now.

My EDC ( everyday Carry )

My WE Pro II set up

Bill aka ET

Anonymous
    Inactive

Mirror:  I have to take a better shot… because there is some tape residue on the blade and also a fingerprint in the tape residue.. But this is my first attempt at a mirror edge.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi Windthot, welcome to the forum! You’ll find a wealth of info about the WEPS here. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Windthot
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 1

Thanks for the welcome guys. Nice photos Eviltwin. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jim, thanks for the thanks, and welcome again.. Nothing like adding color to a webpage, with beautiful photos.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.