Advanced Search

A couple of new Striders and company

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos A couple of new Striders and company

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ralph
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

I wanted to try my photography skills out here on the forum, but I see it could use some help!
    Just got a couple of new Striders for my collection and thought I would share.
    SMF XL’s. A beast of a knife for a folder, really solid. Suprisingly they came hair shaving sharp at 22.5 deg. grind angle, but I think they’re ready for the WEPS for a little symmetry correction.
    The Benchmade Rukus 610 is a recent pick up.

Don Llewellyn
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 43

Awesome pair! I do like Blue Line for Striders.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

What an excellent pair of knives Ralph! Some very nice photography there too.
    To insert photos use the photo link (eighth icon from the right). Play with it and it will become clear. You can use the preview icon(either of the two right next to the help question mark) to check if the picture comes up.
    BTW, thanks for filling out your Profile with all the info in the setup. Although it is not absolutely necessary, it does help to know your name and where you are from etc.

All the best mate
    Leo

Ralph
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 3

Thanks a bunch for the help Leo. I used the IMG file from my photobucket album. I had to tweek it a bit,
    but it seems to work fine.

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

You are welcome Hitman…sorry to be late getting back to you! The photos turned out great my friend.
    Interesting that the edges on your knives are 22.5 degrees…I assume that is 22.5 per side. I find that that angle is ideal for a strong yet very sharp edge. Most of my knives are between 21 and 23 degrees and because I strop them often, they tend to become convexed. For use in the real world, I find it unnecessary to make my edges anymore acute. The only time I would be making angles of 15 degrees or in that vicinity would be for thin bladed slicing knives found around the kitchen e.g. paring knives, chef knives et al.

All the best Ralph
    Leo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.