Advanced Search

9 on Thursday – 17 on Saturday – Hot Goose Blades

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business 9 on Thursday – 17 on Saturday – Hot Goose Blades

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

went back to Va Beach Farmers fair on thur. since Whole Foods Closed they fair. will work there on thur.at least through sept or oct.
    saturday at the big east beach fare business started out slow with just one food processor blade around 9am, but at 10:00am all hell broke loose and the wicked edge was smoking hot after that.

had some really nice blades to sharpen also.
    see you thur.
    sat. vid is like 6 mins….if u watch the vid – disregard the red and blue stone info. that is a false hood for the newer guys, maybe way back when, but not these days (u will understand)

return…………. 🙂

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Tuffy,

Right near the end you mention and show some machine scratches on some of the knives. Then, you said you’d take care of them.

I’ve got a few knives that I can’t seem to figure out how to get those lines out.

I’m not sure I heard correctly. Did you say at the very end, “I’ve got to go look for some yellow?” As in polishing compounds? Is that a clue as to how you remove those lines?

Thanks, as always for your videos.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 570

“Looking for the yellow” = Looking for gold ( with metal detector) = Tuffy speak

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

😉

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Tuffy,

Right near the end you mention and show some machine scratches on some of the knives. Then, you said you’d take care of them.

I’ve got a few knives that I can’t seem to figure out how to get those lines out.

I’m not sure I heard correctly. Did you say at the very end, “I’ve got to go look for some yellow?” As in polishing compounds? Is that a clue as to how you remove those lines?

Thanks, as always for your videos.

I used a buffing wheel with black compound – about 12 passes each side. pic attached of before and after.

kinda like 90% gone – more passes would probably remove all.———-might have to give the whole blade a pass or two or more to blend in.

i dropped off those knives and i asked what happened to those two and she said vacuum salesman said he could sharpen – she said he used a dremel with some kind of stone wheel on it.
    yellow ——— gold from the sea.

Attachments:
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Gib

if u watch the vids, u will see that most saturdays i bring knives home to sharpen -axes, pocket knivs – etc.

whatever it is, i sharpen on Kalamazoo – 1 x 42. i do not use the WE at home.
    fyi

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Thanks, Tuffy….

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.