Advanced Search

800/1000 Stones are wrong color

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat 800/1000 Stones are wrong color

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Zabojnik
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2

I bought a set of the 800/1000 grit diamond stones, and they are not the blue color like I thought they should be. Instead the 800 grit side is black and the 1000 grit side is red. I was wondering why this is. On the stones themselves where they are labeled with what grit they are appears to be a piece of electrical tape very well fit onto the stone with the label printed onto the tape.

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

Looks like a slight change in the color identification format. The grit label on the box corresponds to the colors of the plates, and if the tape/stickers look good (consistent size and shape), then you probably have an interim version and there is nothing functionally different with the plates.

But don’t hold me to that – I’m sure Clay will have a definite answer.

More importantly, how do they work? :cheer:

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I bought a set of the 800/1000 grit diamond stones, and they are not the blue color like I thought they should be. Instead the 800 grit side is black and the 1000 grit side is red. I was wondering why this is. On the stones themselves where they are labeled with what grit they are appears to be a piece of electrical tape very well fit onto the stone with the label printed onto the tape.

Good question – we briefly ran out of the blue/purple platens and used the black/red combo instead. We get custom labels printed and use them to identify the grits. Yours are correctly labeled.

-Clay

Michael Zabojnik
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 2

More importantly, how do they work? :cheer:

They work beautifully! I just thought it was interesting to see, but the tape identifiers worried me, however they are nicely cut, not like a knock off at all, but more like the effects of so much demand on an awesome set of stones! They really are the icing on the cake!

Brian Ledford
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 14

Mine are gray / white.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.