Advanced Search

New Knife Database

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

Hi Clay,

I hope you don’t mind my saying so, but I would make this move a very high priority. Maybe your highest.

The website is painfully slow — you can wait 5, 10 or even 20 seconds for a page to load. I have no doubt this is costing you sales. Many Internet users have become accustomed to instant response and will give up in frustration when pages take a long time to come up.

The WEPS is a rich system with many accessories and choices to make, and it’s really a major time commitment to browse through everything. In fact, a lot of prospective buyers will browse the Forum looking for answers about how the system performs and accessories they may want to get with their first purchase. It takes way too long to do that with the server speed the way it is now.

Further, the Forum is an incredible resource for engendering customer loyalty and stimulating repeat sales (in part due to your personal participation.) I know I’m contemplating buying various stropping accessories I probably wouldn’t have considered had I not read about them in the Forum. Nowadays, I hestitate to login because I know it’s going to take forever just to read the most recent messages.

The website is far too valuable to WEPS to let it continue in this state.

+1 on *all the above* Sounds like pepperass has experience in the world of ecommerce.

I think he is ‘right-on’ about potential new users. But speaking from my perspective as an existing user type, I find it kind of charming (if that is the right choice of words!:dry: ) that the forum has this sort of funky feel to it. In a way it is kind of nice as one tries to see thru the poorly performing web-load pages and thinks of what must be the management perspective of that company. Surely they must be putting all best efforts first into its products and a way second or third or fourth into those forum web pages. Actually, it is almost a clever reverse marketing psychology, if it was, in fact, planned that way. As strange as it is to say it, it is almost a nice breath of fresh air, in this day and age of super glitzy over produced company web sites, to find a little ‘funk’ here. It subtly reinforces who and what is WEP. Sharp knives first, sharp super glitzy web sites second (or third or fourth…)

Jim Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 26

Clay,

In keeping with website issues, I’m not sure if you’re aware of this or not but I’m having trouble editing my profile. Maybe I’m doing something wrong but when I click on the profile tab and then click on the “Edit” button, the page does not appear to load properly and will not allow me to edit any of the following: User Account / Profile Information / Avatar Image / Forum Settings.

Just thought you would want to know since you’re working on the website this week.

See attached photo.

Thanks,
    Jim

Attachments:
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Thanks Jim, I’ll pass it along to our webmaster tomorrow morning and we’ll see what’s causing the problem.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

We got the “Sort by Column Heading” issue resolved so the database is now much easier to sort so if you want to look at all knives with a particular steel (or any other field) all you have to do is click on the heading. Please keep the knife entries coming.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey guys, bumping this topic up again. I’ll keep doing so to remind everyone to add in a knife now and then if they have the time. Knife Database

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Many thanks to whoever just added the ESEE and Fällkniven 🙂

-Clay

Tony Pettersen
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 29

no problem, thanks for reminding me 😛
    i really should try esee soon, i have been looking at the ESEE-3 for a while now..

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

I did the ESEE Clay…sorry I din’t put my name up. Can I add that now as an after thought?
    I have another ten or twelve knives coming up in the near future.

Cheers
    Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster

Hey Leo,

You can go back and add your name into the comments section. I’m working w/ with the webmaster to add Author or Contributor as another field. Please add as many as you can! I’m hoping this database will grow to be very comprehensive.

-Clay

I did the ESEE Clay…sorry I din’t put my name up. Can I add that now as an after thought?
    I have another ten or twelve knives coming up in the near future.

Cheers
    Leo

-Clay

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Hi Clay
    I just put two more knives in the database, but they don’t show. Do they have to be approved first before they appear?

Cheers
    Leo

wickededge
    Keymaster

They do, and I’ll jump right on it.

Hi Clay
    I just put two more knives in the database, but they don’t show. Do they have to be approved first before they appear?

Cheers
    Leo

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

I’m having trouble getting it to approve, need to get the webmaster on it.

-Clay

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant

Whoops Clay! I may have, and I am sure I did, post the Bark River Bravo 1 twice, when I added a comment by going back rather than using the Edit control! Bad Leo! Sorry!

Leo the contrite

wickededge
    Keymaster

No problem Leo, I approved the second and deleted the first so I think we’re good to go. Thank you for adding them!

Whoops Clay! I may have, and I am sure I did, post the Bark River Bravo 1 twice, when I added a comment by going back rather than using the Edit control! Bad Leo! Sorry!

Leo the contrite

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Thanks to everyone who’s been adding knives, it’s growing quickly!

-Clay

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.