Advanced Search

your unboxing experience?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat your unboxing experience?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Fred Hermann
    Participant
    • Topics: 30
    • Replies: 188

Hi Billabong,
    I don’t have the pieces in hand, but I think the short one is about 7″, and the long is about 11″.
    In the picture they are lying on a standard 8.5×11 piece of paper.

Phil Pasteur
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 944

about 280 mm

Okay, that’s not good!

Poor Clay, I hope this is a “one off”. :unsure:

He can’t be everywhere.

edit – Can someone please tell me how long the new bar is? (in mm)
    Got a feeling it’s going to hang over the edges of my store bought wooden block mount. :([/quote]

Fred Hermann
    Participant

So problem resolution.

I contacted Clay directly, he’s shipping me a different bar. Neither one of us can think of how this slipped past the multiple levels of quality control, so if you open your box, and it’s not right, call directly, and they will fix it.

I love this company, and am jealous of the combination of great customer base, and the accountability of the various people working with Clay and WE. If everyone was in a situation like this, I think life would be easier.

On a positive note, this really doesn’t immediately affect me, I still have the old arms and such, so I can play this weekend.

Scott
    Participant
    • Topics: 27
    • Replies: 121

Kind of funny… in another thread I asked why send out two sets of arms and two bars with the PP2? I guess this finally puts that discussion to rest. I am now pretty happy to have a back up in the event of part failure. Even the best made product can fail especially when it is a moving part.

Fred Hermann
    Participant

I have a question for the group. The arms for the upgrade seem to have a fairly rough finish compared to the older ones. Anyone else have this? It seems the rougher surface would sand the insides of the stone holders.
    I took mine to my power buffer and smoothed them up a bit, and I’m considering waxing them for an even smoother surface.
    So far I’ve done 3 knives, and only cut myself once.
    Safety tip…when you have the knife in the vice don’t reach over it to get something. 🙂

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

A sage piece of advice Fred!Heed Fred guys and gals!

Leo

Charles Rich
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 16

Jewelers polish and a drill. I think I may do it myself.

9m15s is where I tried to make the link start, but it’s not cooperative. So, skip to 9m15s.

Fred Hermann
    Participant

One thing to consider, polishing is sanding. It removes metal, so don’t overpolish or you’ll have skinny rods like the version one.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Thanks guys for the suggestions and prodding to include some assembly instructions for the Pro-Pack II! It’s funny the things I take for granted after working with the sharpener for so long. I spent some time making drawings and writing the instructions and posted them here: Wicked Edge Pro-Pack II Assembly Instructions. You can also download a PDF that includes a packing list here: Wicked Edge Pro-Pack II Assembly Instructions – Download. A printed version will go out with any new ones we ship and I’ll be filming a video on it soon.

-Clay

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.