Advanced Search

You got the Knife, I got the gun, come on boys lets have a little fun

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic You got the Knife, I got the gun, come on boys lets have a little fun

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    NotVerySharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 56

I have to ask, what does everyone use their knife for?  About the only time I really use a knife is when I open a UPS package. HAHA  Or I use one to cut paper, for no other reason than to see how sharp the knife is I never use. LOL

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Well, every night I use a couple to cut the meat, veggies, etc. And after cooking, we eat it using some very sharp Laguiole knives.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

My knifes are used for food preparation or EDC utility tasks. I break down lots of cardboard boxes, open packages, cut loose strings off clothing, and occasionally pry something open.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I never really had an EDC knife until I got my WEPS.  Sharpening by hand just was such a challenge that I was disinclined to use my knives very often.  Now I never am without one of my EDCs; either my Delica or my Stretch.  Same as most of you, I seem to open a lot of boxes and envelopes and I often cut ads, coupons and newspaper articles.

NotVerySharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 33
    • Replies: 56

Hmmmmm Postal employees?   Hmm wonder what is in that box?

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I always have a knife and it seems like I need it pretty frequently. A lot of the use is just opening packages of one kind or another but I find myself cutting rope, sheets of plastic, all kinds of things each day.

-Clay

sksharp
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 408

I to did not carry an EDC often until I got into this but now that I do it seems my friends are always asking to use my knife for any number of tasks. For me it’s string, rope, cardboard, even small electrical wire ect. ect. I now don’t leave home without it. Pun intended.

I do a lot of the cooking in my house and that was the reason I started looking for a different answer concerning sharpening. I was tired of dull knives! My definition of sharp has always been different from, my Wife especially, and all my friends and family. Now there definition of sharp has changed dramatically.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.