Advanced Search

Wustof Classic Set

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Wustof Classic Set

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Starting to get traction in the higher end cutlery sharpening market. There has to be 1000’s of vacation rentals here on Maui, all with dull kitchen knives.

Buffed & polished then sharpened to 17dps with a micro-bevel. Paring knife was done at 15 dps.

Lance
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 7

Beautiful job.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Great job cliff! Hope you have great success!

How are you contacting the vacation/rental owners to get business? seems like it would be challenging.

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

Great job cliff! Hope you have great success!

How are you contacting the vacation/rental owners to get business? seems like it would be challenging.

Networking with property management and maintenance companies. There are several larger ones that handle multiple accounts.

Doesn’t hurt to have a good friend in real estate that is a super networker, and a best friend I used to work with in high end property maintenance.

Hoping to do a big “push” and see what the word of mouth momentum does after. Ive reached the point with a few other side businesses that I dont even need to have business cards anymore. People just know if you want ____ done, call Cliff. :silly:

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Looks great Cliff. I tried going after vacation rentals in northern California. It seemed like most owner/managers don’t really care about the knives. The others thought it would be more of a liability. Dealing with them was worse than dealing with restaurants. Word of mouth is everything. Good luck man

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

It just so happens that I was about to sharpen a batch of Wuesthoff’s from our kitchen drawer. It also happens that I had just purchased a new 10″ dia 1″ thick aggressive hard rag wheel which I intended to load with Jantz’s LX600. Wow! A few seconds on the rag wheel and the knives would slide right through a sheet of paper. Impressive!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.