Advanced Search

Will’s Mods final

Recent Forums Main Forum Techniques and Sharpening Strategies Will’s Mods final

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

I have now sharpened my most difficult knives using the WEPS with Will’s Mods. I have to say that these well designed mods are extremely useful to help support thin and wobbly blade. My son borrowed(permanently) my truly thin and wobbly filleting knife so I can’t comment on that.
    Once a knife has been battened down using these modifications, it isn’t going anywhere! Is it absolutely rigid…no, but enough that you don’t have to use your hand to lend further support anywhere on the knife. The sturdy rear post with its deep v groove gives the strength needed along with the positive locking mechanism. See the pictures for a gander at the supporting structure. Amazingly designed.

I also sharpened my 35 year old custom-made and monstrous chopping knife which is made from an unknown steel that really is difficult to raise a burr on or to do anything for that matter. I had forgotten this devil knife’s frustrating attributes. Anyway, it is a huge and heavy 12 inch blade that is very difficult to lock down firmly…at least it used to be, but not anymore. Will’s mods made it easy to tame this brute. Success!

To sum up…I love these mods!! With the exception of the difficulty getting the hex key in and out of its spot and my awkwardness tightening and loosening the angle locking screws, to my mind there are no Cons of any consequence. To all you who sharpen for a livelihood, I strongly recommend these mods to you. To the fishermen out there who have several of those thin and wobbly filleting knives that need to be constantly sharpened during fishing seasons, get this support system at the least. And for my fellow old farts who hands don’t operate quite as nimbly as they did a few years back, get yourself the angle locking levers and screws and as well the micro-adjusting mods. Well worth it…I found myself hitting the exact angles bang on for the very first time ever!!
    Thank you Will for bringing these forward. Brilliant work mate!

Leo

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

They (mods) take the WE to anther whole new level! :woohoo:

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Leo,

How or where do you get the mods?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Send a private message(PM) to VoodooDaddy, that’s Will. Make the arrangment with him. 🙂

Cheers
    Leo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.