Advanced Search

Wicked Gatco… from Holland

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Wicked Gatco… from Holland

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I noticed there was some talk about the WEPS on a Ukrainian knife forum here. And of course the WEPS is discussed on many other knife forums as well. (Now we’re on the subject, is it an idea to make a category on this forum, “The WEPS on other forums”, in which people can point out discussions on other forums?)

Somebody on the Dutch knife forum recently made a lot of modifications and combined his Wicked Edge/Gatco (ideas). He was inspired by the recent modifications posted on this forum. Here are the links:

Of course it’s in Dutch, but there are a lot of pictures and maybe Google translate can help.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

David Johnson
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 3

Would it be possible to link that in a way that doesn’t require me to create an account?

Mark76
    Participant

Guys, sorry about that. I didn’t realize it requires an account. I’ll see what I can do about it.

Anthony Yan
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 96

It seems he posted about his first version in bladeforums.com. So if you’re curious to see photos of his first version, you can go here (no registration required for bladeforums.com):
    http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/963074-Wicked-Gatco

His second version, I didn’t see on bladeforums.com (but I didn’t look very hard). In his second version, he replaces the universal joints with spherical rod-ends (ball-and-socket joints). Apparently, he was inspired by the new design that Clay’s working on, which uses spherical rod-ends.

Oh, and yay for Google Translate. 🙂

Sincerely,
    –Lagrangian

Mark76
    Participant

Thanks, Anthony. I didn’t know the posts were on Bladeforums as well. I emailed the mod of the Dutch forum, but he was happy, since he had gotten a few new registrations from the US… B)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.