Advanced Search

Wicked Edge Thoughts of a new guy.

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Wicked Edge Thoughts of a new guy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 54

Kind of long, sorry.
    Ok, so, yeah I’m new but I have to post my thoughts on this for anyone on the fence about buying this system. DO IT!
    Personal back ground: Medically retired Military ( nothing speacial or all that exciting knees and shoulders gave out, oh and an eyeball,), Qualified instructor for unarmed (against mixed weapons), and knife counter knife. I’v been a knife nut for years. Iv done free handing with water stones, oil stones, diamond stones, used lansky guided system, DMT guided system, and now the Wicked Edge system. I love water stones, but they cost, and well, I’m lazy. lol. Now on to the fun stuff of why you should get of the fence and get this.
    I recived my Wicked Edge pro pack 2 on Tuesday 02 April 2015. Wensday morning I set it up on my wifes dinning room table, and raided her junk drawer of crap knives. At least thats what I call it. You know the cheap Walmart blades, 440A, bad heat treat, those things, and laid a pile of the on the table to use to start breaking in the stones, and getting used to using this system. Now the stones are setteled in pretty well I feel, and my wife is now afraid to stick her hand into the junk knife drawer. Things I have done to this system…. After watching many, many videos like Modifidz (pretty sure I mispelled that, sorry), and Smoke eater, I used a few of their ideas. I took matting that is used in kitchen cabnets, so the dishes arent sitting on the wood, and rolled some of it, then taped that to the base as a rest for the rods even with the stones are on. I bought a couple of Plano plastic boxes from the fishing section of walmart to keep the stones organized, and hold all my pecies parts that I normally use. I also made a couple of plastic washers to fit at the base of the rods to help cut down on the metal dust from getting into the joints. I made these from the extra dividers from the plano boxes. I have now sharpened a Randall model 1, Randall model 5, Microtech Ultratech, as well as several other knives not from the junk drawer. Wow is all I can say about the edges!
    Customer service. I called, and a person answered the phone! Not a damn machine! Better yet the person that answered the phone knew not only about the product, but how to help me address the problem I was having. I did not have to be transfered to some other department. I had a question about the leather strops, I admit this is my first time using guided stropping, and for me at least it is a lot different than regular stopping. I called in, and they talked me thouigh what was going on, and how to avoid what I was doing wrong. I called in with another question about a knife I was having an issue with clamping. No problems. Again a person answered the phone and they helped me out with that. Now that is customer service. I still have a lot to learn, but if you’r on the fence and read this. My advice, is get off the fence and do it. I really dont think you will be disapointed.
    Just my 5 cents. lol. B)

Elliott Brass
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 4

My first time dealing with the company wa this month as I am new to using the WEPS. My first expiration Ed with them was just like yours. They took great care of me, Sarah in customer service is the shit, I just ask for her when I call now. Clay has answered every annoying PM I have sent him. I am a believer in this system and I am still learning. Dealing with a knife with a lot of belly is still something I’m working on.

I am a firearms instructor and we sell knife and gun accessories through my school, and we are working on becoming a dealer for this system, we like it that much. I would love to spend a weekend with Josh or Clay just being their bitch so I can learn to use it better.

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

My first time dealing with the company wa this month as I am new to using the WEPS. My first expiration Ed with them was just like yours. They took great care of me, Sarah in customer service is the shit, I just ask for her when I call now. Clay has answered every annoying PM I have sent him. I am a believer in this system and I am still learning. Dealing with a knife with a lot of belly is still something I’m working on.

I am a firearms instructor and we sell knife and gun accessories through my school, and we are working on becoming a dealer for this system, we like it that much. I would love to spend a weekend with Josh or Clay just being their bitch so I can learn to use it better.

Maybe Wicked Edge will announce a Master Class hosted at their new facility and see how many apply. WE know there are a lot of Masters who could help tutor some of the rest of us in a condensed setting….. and we could see Santa Fe and the new digs!!

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Rick
    Participant

Dbltap45, glade to see others are having the same experance with customer service.
    GibCurry, I think a master class would be awsome. Though for me being able to make it to Santa Fe would put it out of my range to attend.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Gee… I always thought that “location: unknown” was pretty close to Santa Fe. And in the winter, it’s even closer.

Rick
    Participant

Gee… I always thought that “location: unknown” was pretty close to Santa Fe. And in the winter, it’s even closer.

lol. I really should update that. Have to admit I havent been out NM way in several years. Would be intresting to see how things have changed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.