Advanced Search

Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case – Think Pelican

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Wicked Edge Hard Carrying Case – Think Pelican

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

You could put the loupe there!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I just received my case. This might be a stupid question but can anyone tell me what goes here? The cheat sheet that comes with the case labels that space “keys”… Is there something I’m missing?

It’s for the loupe. I’m not sure why the label says keys. I’ll have to look at that.

-Clay

Andy Steffen
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 13

Hey, that makes sense. I was kinda planning to put the low angle adapter there once I get it but wasn’t sure if it would fit in that spot. I didn’t even think about a loupe since I haven’t gotten that yet, either. Thanks guys!

John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

Anyone cut the stone slots to fit Choseras? I seriously thought about the case, but didn’t want to butcher the foam enlarging the slots.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Anyone cut the stone slots to fit Choseras? I seriously thought about the case, but didn’t want to butcher the foam enlarging the slots.

I don’t think there is enough foam wall around the stone slots to make them big enough for the Choseras. We’re going to be offering a separate case for stones soon that will fit some Choseras. Here is another really good option: http://www.mycasebuilder.com. If you know the measurements of the objects you want to put in the case, you can use their browser based software to custom design your case. They then cut the foam with a waterjet to your specs. The cases are great and the prices are pretty good considering the level of customization you get. We’ll be working with them in the future to produce Wicked Edge cases. The plan is for us to provide them with a library of all of our products so the customer can just drag and drop the items they want in the case from the library into the layout. My Case Builder then custom cuts the foam and sends out the case. I hope that’s helpful.

–Clay

-Clay

John Haley
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 32

Using Clay’s posting (www.mycasebuilder.com) for designing your own case, I’ve come up with this design for use with a Storm IM2700 case (22x17x8). I’ve used a significant recess for the granite base and with some minor tweaking it will be ready to send in. BTW, any questions on designing will be quickly answered by them. My cutouts include Chosera’s on the right, with spray bottles, angle cube, and loupe close by. Remainder of cutouts are for diamond and strops.

Leo Barr
    Participant

It looks very good you may want to include one or two slots for sharpies and possible painters tape which occasionally is useful to protect the handle of a knife.

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 80

Is anyone carrying their strops inside the hard case? If so, how are u packing them so as not to get your stropping compound all over the inside of the slots? Thanks!

Davidghemail

Hey guys, been away for awhile, but I was checking out the hard case, and this was also my first thought when seeing the case.

Leo Barr
    Participant

Galley roll or cling film or polythene bags or aluminium foil any of these work probable cling film is best replace it after using the strops so as to not risk contamination.

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant

I just received my Wicked Edge Case, and holy cow. This thing is awesome, and huge. I may do some mods to it though. I was looking at the cardboard box I used to store all of my wicked edge gear in, plus the accompanying tools and accessories, compared to this, and I may end up making this a carry all for multiple systems. Anyone want to share pictures of how they are organizing in their pelican/storm/wicked edge pelican cases?

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant

Closed case..

Open case

Bases out

Everything out

Inventory list:

Wicked edge system
    Wicked edge pro pack stones and strops
    EdgePro Apex system
    EdgePro stones and Choseras
    EdgePro glass plates with tapes
    Spyderco Sharpmaker system
    Spyderco ultra fine triangle stones
    DMT XC diamond plate for flattening
    DMT coarse, fine, ultra fine credit cards
    Knivesplus.com Stropblock
    EdgePro round hone
    Superaser
    Angle cube
    Diamond files
    Mini microscope
    LED loupe
    Markers
    Goo gone pen
    Debugging block
    Clamp on eyeglass
    Mineral oil bottle
    Diamond pastes
    Painters tapes

I’ll be buying some Plano cases for wicked edge stones to save more space. What do you guys think?

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

I think you’ve done well, especially getting your EP set up in the same case as the WE.

Leo Barr
    Participant

I hope that case is insured the contents must be approaching 2000$ to replace plus the value of the case . `Have you a cart to shift it around? I can’t imagine you would want to carry it very far .
    Still an ingenious use of space it looks as if the baking pan and the water bottle (spray) for the EP is about all that is missing .Is this so you can sharpen on location ? I guess if it is then you need a work bench or something similar along with the cart to make up the inventory.

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant

The water bottle fits in the case. I was drying stones in the pan. I don’t carry it around.

I just couldn’t justify the enormous case for one piece of sharpening equipment. So far all remote sharpening I have done on people’s picnic tables at friends houses etc. A cart would be nice. It is heavy as hell

Edwin Lurvey
    Participant

I throw my paper wheels grinder In the trunk too for quick and dirty on cheap kitchen knives.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.