Advanced Search

Wicked Edge Gen 3 Setup Question

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Wicked Edge Gen 3 Setup Question

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Nash
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 22

Received my WE Gen 3 on Wednesday and am just now able to get it put together and play with it. I already have a Gen 2 Pro Pack that I used extensively, so I’m familiar with setup and operation. So, my question:

• I received 3 nylon balls that I assume are to put between the fine adjustment screw’s threads and the thumbscrews that clamp down on the fine adjustment screws to lock them in place. However, when I put a ball in the lock screw holes, I’m unable to insert the lock screws in the holes. The balls are too big. So – what to do?

With my Gen 2, I received nylon tipped screws, so didn’t have to deal with this issue. The instructions with the Gen 3 don’t reference the fine adjustment screws at all. I’d give WE a call, but being the weekend, I thought I’d ask here first. Should I mash the balls in a pair of pliers to flatten them out?

Thanks,
    Dan

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Are they too big in diameter to fit in the hole or too big to get the screw started? Can you maybe crush them when they’re in the hole so as to force the screws into thread engagement? Otherwise, maybe snip off a little.

This is the first I’ve heard about nylon balls being supplied, but I’m glad WE is addressing this issue.

Daniel Nash
    Participant

Sorry for not responding sooner. Had an all-nighter at work.

They fit in the hole, but fill it so much you can’t start any threads of the thumb screw into the hole.

Going to call WE now and see what they say.

~Dan

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

My Gen 3 Pro is on order. What did you find out about this?

Alan

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

This is an embarrassing one since we didn’t think it through. We’ve been adding the pellets to the PP2 and Upgrade kits and when we started shipping the G3 Pros, we added them in as well without thinking we needed to test it. The holes for locking down the micro-adjustment screws are too shallow and the pellets don’t fit. We’ll be replacing the current screws with plastic thumbscrews from here on out. If you’ve go the G3 Pro and need the screws, please let us know.

-Clay

Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Thanks for quick response, Clay! It’s always those little things that get ya. 🙂

Alan

Daniel Nash
    Participant

Thanks, Clay.

I had called a few days ago and spoke with Kyle, I think, and he had indicated he would ship out some smaller diameter nylon balls to try, but I assume the thumbscrews will be sent instead. I’ll make a quick call to follow up.

Thanks again!

~Dan

Aaron
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 18

Mine had the thumbscrews, but I don’t think I found any nylon balls in my package. Is this something I should have?? The ball joints on mine were already installed from the factory.

Daniel Nash
    Participant

Check the thumbscrews to see if they are nylon tipped. If not, you’ll want to have something soft between the tip and the fine adjustment screw’s threads to prevent marring. I would call for a set of nylon screws.

Having said all that, on the Gen 3 system, I’m not sure I’ll actually use the fine adjustment screws much as there are several detents between most of the angles anyway. If I can get within half a degree of what I want to be at, without moving the fine adjustment screws, that’s good enough for me. I just want the nylon screws to lock the fine adjustments in place and prevent movement.

~Dan

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.