Advanced Search

Wicked edge 120 longer screws

Recent Forums Main Forum Wicked edge 120 longer screws

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 0

After much researching and debating whether I should spend a large amount on a sharpening system I have ordered a 120 model. The spec sheet states that the thickest knife that can be used in 3/16″.  I’m sure it’s possible to use longercscrews to accept my knives which are about 1/4″ thick. Can anyone advise on what screws would be required ? Can you be specific about whether UNC or UNF as I’m based in Uk and our stores only sell metric screws, so I will have to order on-line.

Thanks.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by Dave.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

The screws are 1/4″-28, Hex-drive, Flat-head.  These are UNF screws.  Unless you have the means to cut them to length, I suggest that you buy screws that are only about 1/4″ longer.

Rather than purchasing boxes of 25 or 50 screws each, try contacting Wicked Edge.  Their customer service is outstanding.  Ask if they can send you the screws you need. I’m sure they can get what you need for little or no cost.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The screws are 1/4″-28, Hex-drive, Flat-head. These are UNF screws. Unless you have the means to cut them to length, I suggest that you buy screws that are only about 1/4″ longer. Rather than purchasing boxes of 25 or 50 screws each, try contacting Wicked Edge. Their customer service is outstanding. Ask if they can send you the screws you need. I’m sure they can get what you need for little or no cost.

Slight correction – the vise screws are 1/4″-20 UNC. We use the 1/4″-28 screws for the guide rods and rod ends.

-Clay

3 users thanked author for this post.
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I stand corrected!  Every screw I’ve handled so far has been 10-32 or 1/4″-28, so I assumed that the vise screw were too.  Now that I think about it, I don’t think I’ve ever removed the vise screws from my Gen 1 vise.  Thanks for setting me straight, Clay!!

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.