Advanced Search

Whole Foods Fare today – sept 12th

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Whole Foods Fare today – sept 12th

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

Whole Foods Knife gig today was much better than last Thursday.

Had a 7 knife day—-yea – ripper of a day I say.

Now come on Saturday. – good luck to everyone – see you soon.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Tuffy, I freeze framed the vid to look at the broken tip knife. To me it looks like you will have to redesign the blade? Will you charge for that and what do you feel is a fair price? If you don’t mind me asking?

DARRELL ALLEN
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 113

Looks like a nice spot there Max, very shady and a nice breeze blowing……….and getting to use the WEPS……..doesn’t get much better than that. 😆

I was wondering if your bothered by the WEPS base sliding forward with you and having to keep pulling it back to you ? If you would mind putting a couple of small holes or slots in the table, right in front of the WEPS base, you could use a couple of those Irwin Quick clamps mounted through the holes and clamp that base down so it doesn’t move………………just a thought ? They come in a multitude of sizes, and you wouldn’t need a large one to hold it securely.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=irwin+clamps+quick+grip&id=40BC0DC120A0C0CFD1C7DE9358A4805A65F229A8&FORM=IQFRBA

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Tuffy, I freeze framed the vid to look at the broken tip knife. To me it looks like you will have to redesign the blade? Will you charge for that and what do you feel is a fair price? If you don’t mind me asking?

Eamon

for all dull kitchen knives and restaurant knives i bring home, i pre-sharpen on HF 1×30 belt sander and i use the same for all tips. for other knives for strickly sharpeneing i use a kalamzoo 1 x 42 belt sander and lower rpm’s and use full set of belts from low to very hight……belts really work well and then i take some of them to the WE and start with 400/600’s – done deal.
    it might have taken 2 mins. to re-tip the little henckel yesterday and pre sharpen, so all i have to do now is sharpen it on WE.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Looks like a nice spot there Max, very shady and a nice breeze blowing……….and getting to use the WEPS……..doesn’t get much better than that. 😆

I was wondering if your bothered by the WEPS base sliding forward with you and having to keep pulling it back to you ? If you would mind putting a couple of small holes or slots in the table, right in front of the WEPS base, you could use a couple of those Irwin Quick clamps mounted through the holes and clamp that base down so it doesn’t move………………just a thought ? They come in a multitude of sizes, and you wouldn’t need a large one to hold it securely.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=irwin+clamps+quick+grip&id=40BC0DC120A0C0CFD1C7DE9358A4805A65F229A8&FORM=IQFRBA%5B/quote%5D
    my original rubber supplied feet fell off, so i added some bigger ones and they do move around. on my orignal table i drilled holes in it and used my diamond tapered rods to hole in place, just never got around to it on 6ft table…..i need to do it fast…..it is a pain.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant

Eamon

for all dull kitchen knives and restaurant knives i bring home, i pre-sharpen on HF 1×30 belt sander and i use the same for all tips. for other knives for strickly sharpeneing i use a kalamzoo 1 x 42 belt sander and lower rpm’s and use full set of belts from low to very hight……belts really work well and then i take some of them to the WE and start with 400/600’s – done deal.
    it might have taken 2 mins. to re-tip the little henckel yesterday and pre sharpen, so all i have to do now is sharpen it on WE.[/quote].

WHAT TO CHARGE FOR 2 MINS. ???

Attachments:
    Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

Nice work!

If things work out just right, I’ll be hunting with Hermit on Holden Beach come Sunday.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Eamon

it might have taken 2 mins. to re-tip the little henckel yesterday and pre sharpen, so all i have to do now is sharpen it on WE.[/quote].

WHAT TO CHARGE FOR 2 MINS. ???[/quote]

Yeah this would be a hard decision for me? This is what makes me a bad business man. I know from all the guys I worked for over the years that this is their opportunity to make some good money easy. It looks like a lot of work went in to it? So now they are justified BUT like you say it took 2 minutes. I like to give them a deal, while others want to charge a lot.
    I really respect how you treat your customers and wanted some feed back as to what you would do?
    Thank you Tuffy, I really appreciate all your answers to my questions!

Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Good job!

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

WHAT TO CHARGE FOR 2 MINS. ???

You’re not charging for time, but the ability. 😉

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

I caught myself saying that’s the best of it at today’s market haha.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.