Advanced Search

Where are you

Recent Forums Main Forum Where are you

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    -Terry
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 27
    • Does anyone here live in the Rochester NY area? I could really use some one on one assistance. Im having a bit of trouble getting an edge. Im not sure if I can fix the aftermath of the mistakes I’ve made while practicing, and this is making it seem like even if I get my techniques right, I won’t know because  the edge Im working with is so bad. I could get a new knife to start fresh with, but don’t want to mess up another if my techniques are wrong.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I’m located in central MA, so about a 6 hour drive away and probably too far. I think we have a few other forum members in NY state, so perhaps one of them will offer to help. My suggestion is to go to your nearest thrift store and find a few used kitchen knives to practice on. This way, if you destroy one of them while working you will only have been out a few dollars. If you end up putting a good edge on them then they make for a good way to gift someone a “new” chef knife that will blow them away.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Dennis Hibar
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 99

This was active quite some time ago (probably much longer ago than I can remember, since I am not sure the link can easily be located here):

Wicked Edge Users Map

No one on the map in the Rochester area ….. but, like I said, doubt if anyone even remembers that the map is available to use.  Maybe a sticky thread could get this thing going again.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.