Advanced Search

What\'s your favorite EDC Knife?

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Specific Discussion What\'s your favorite EDC Knife?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

My favorite is the Kershaw Nura 3.5. It is really slim in the pocket, has a nice blade shape, and it feels really good in my hands considering how thin it is. I just wish it had a better blade steel because I have to strop that thing constantly if I want it to remain shaving sharp.

So, which knife do you usually have in your pocket?

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Benchmade Mini Barrage 585 154CM

Gen3 upgrade jaws

Bottom Holes for AAG, but knife mounted almost to top of clamp (see pic) Point of knife at C4

18deg angle

400 diamonds -.1u films

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Kershaw Blur, modified by Josh

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

This is a great thread. I’ve been thinking about getting an EDC. This’ll sure help me with my shopping. Would you please add to new posts, and update your previous posts with what you’re using to sharpen your favorite EDC. (ie: which model WE, how you’re clamping it, (eg plain clamp. or NAA or Tormek SNA). Anything to give us an idea of how you’re getting and keeping it “scary sharp”.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

My EDC is a Spyderco Delica 4 in ZDP-189.  I recently bought a Stretch in ZDP, but decided that the Delica is much more comfortable to carry.

I really like the ZDP-189 steel.  It comes hardened to about RC-64 and that level of hardness results in a different wear pattern.  It doesn’t seem to get dings/dents like all of my other knives; it just loses that fine edge eventually.  I’ve only seen a couple of tiny chips in the three years or so I’ve had it.  I’ve heard/read complaints in reviews that it’s too hard to sharpen readily with anything except diamonds.  But if you have a WEPS, why not.

Hapslappy
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 30

That would be my Zero Tolerance 0566BW. It’s proven perfect for my EDC needs. ZT knives are precision made, high  quality pieces. Some don’t care for the Elmax steel but I can’t find anything to complain about.

M1rrorEdge
    Participant
    • Replies: 222

My EDC is a ZT0770CF  (Carbon Fiber scales),  It has ELMAX steel.  It is so light, I don’t even feel it in my pocket.  The steel seems to hold its edge very well.  I have had it for about a year now.

Eddie Kinlen
    M1rror Edge Sharpening Service, LLC
    +1(682)777-1622

Ravenbrook
    Participant
    • Replies: 11

I have 3 Chris Reeve’s: one made on my parents Anniversary, one on each of their birthdays.  Not really EDC’s per se. I rotate 2-ZT0566 w/M390 (they have different scales), a ZT0562 CTS-204P, a Large Griptilian M390, a ZT0770CFM4, a Manix 2 with S110V, a LionSteel SR-2, and a Dragonfly w/G10 handles, depending on the situation, where I’m going to, who’s going to be there, dressed up or jeans. I also have a LW Manix 2 in S110V that stays in the truck for work and camping.

There are a few more that I’d like to get but just bought a new truck and she needs a few creature comforts that the old truck had. But mommy just had to buy a new travel trailer to pull so I needed a bigger truck to pull it.

And of course my Wicked Edge keeps them all sharp!

FloridaMan
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

<hr />

Lately I have been carrying the gb2 in m4, 19dps at 1600 grit. Slowly getting a nice patina on it

Attachments:
    narcoleptic
    Participant
    • Replies: 10

Fun thread! Lately I’ve been carrying the sebenza insingo alot. It changes from time to time though.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

<hr /> Lately I have been carrying the gb2 in m4, 19dps at 1600 grit. Slowly getting a nice patina on it

That’s a beautiful knife and a very nice looking edge!

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Yeah, I also love the GB2, particularly in M4!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

FloridaMan
    Participant
    • Replies: 2

Thanks all. Now I need to get some lapping film so I can put a real mirror on it

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.