Advanced Search

What’s the best way to store your Wicked Edge kit?

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat What’s the best way to store your Wicked Edge kit?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Gardner
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 13

I’m looking for advice on storing the Wicked Edge system. I’d like something to keep the kit in, ,along with organization for the accessory stones and compounds, that I could quickly deploy. I’d also like to keep the sharpener mounted to the base, so I wouldn’t have to take the time to screw it on every time I went to use it. Have any of you found something that works well? I was thinking about a big tackle box of sorts???

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I’m looking for advice on storing the Wicked Edge system. I’d like something to keep the kit in, ,along with organization for the accessory stones and compounds, that I could quickly deploy. I’d also like to keep the sharpener mounted to the base, so I wouldn’t have to take the time to screw it on every time I went to use it. Have any of you found something that works well? I was thinking about a big tackle box of sorts???

Hi Stephen, here is a thread that was started a while back on the subject: Case for Wicked Edge. People had some great ideas. I’m personally using a big pistol case from Cabelas which is working great though I still need some way to secure the stones on the stones side, probably additional foam.
    -Clay

-Clay

Stephen Gardner
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 13

Roger that. Can you please send me a link to the case you’re referencing? I can’t find that XPG case on Cabela’s site…

Thank you, Sir!

David
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 47

Roger that. Can you please send me a link to the case you’re referencing? I can’t find that XPG case on Cabela’s site…

Thank you, Sir!

Hey Stephen,
    The XPG case that used to be on Cabelas looks like it has been deleted out of their inventory. I tried finding it a while back and it is no longer available.

Pinkfloyd
    Participant
    • Topics: 22
    • Replies: 208

Stephen,

I ordered a case from this site http://www.aluminumcaseco.com/
    (Manufactured in America (Chicago, IL) with aluminum that was
    melted, rolled and processed in the United States)

They were great to deal with. I had them glue a 1/2″ piece of foam in top and bottom, they then included 1″ thick foam pieces (4 in bottom, 1 in top) that they didnt glue so i can remove and cut out however I want, then use a glue gun to secure. I also got a 1/2″ thick aluminum plate to mount my WE on so it wont take up so much height.

Dave Schur
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 39

I don’t worry about trying to store the base and everything else as one set. The base is just too bulky (especially in granite) for me to consider that.

For the “Everything else” part of the equation, I stumbled across a kinda neat fake book case at Hobby Lobby one day that works pretty well (I think it cost 15 bucks):

It holds my diamond and ceramic stones well

And my other wicked edge “junk”:

I keep my strops in ziploc bags to keep em clean and the pastes separate:

The whole kit packs up nicely:

And I store it upright on a shelf next to the base in my office:

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Beautiful storage! Smart and decorative too Dave! My wife thinks I should have a similar system instead of the messy one I have now. Thanks a lot Dave!!! LOL! 😛

Leo

Dave Schur
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 39

The stealth factor with the wife is pretty good 😉 . Looking around a bit, the one I have is exactly the larger of the two listed on the hobby lobby website:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/store/item.aspx?ItemId=167326

But I only got the larger one and it was $15 (maybe it was on sale – it was on the floor with their other storage chests in the middle of the store surrounded by all the other “smelly stuff” ). It does a nice job of blending in. I like the 3-inch depth (it’s actually 2 3/8 interior) because it will hold 2 rows of paddles, but a base system WEPS only would not need it. As it is, there is room for me to expand, should I ever see the Shapton paddles in this lifetime 😉

Dave

Joyal Taylor
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 52

I had an extra plastic utility fishing lure box that I’m using for now until something better comes along. It is a Plano Pro Latch Utility Box 3731 that is approximately 14″ x 9″ x 3″, about the same size as the Hobby Lobby box. I saw them at http://www.tacklewarehouse.com for $6.39 + shipping. but they are easy to find.

Jende Industries
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 342

That’s an awesome idea! Talk about your Sharpening library! :woohoo:

Bill K
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 14

Hey .. That case is back on cabelas if you are still looking.

http://www.cabelas.com/gun-cases-cabelas-xpg-rifle-pistol-cases.shtml

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.