Advanced Search

What Cuts What?

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Readheads
    Participant
    • Topics: 32
    • Replies: 308

Hey Organic, since you posted your serrated pic, I ask how do you use a WEPS on it. It is one of my side project wish list items.

We know that each serration is it’s own little knife and am familiar with various techniques but none come close to perfectly aligned mirror edges on each one.

I envision the need for diamond rods, fixed to a WEPS handle with a linear indexing mechanism (or maybe a WE Go rigidly attached sideways). Rod dimensions & grit would have to vary but you only need one of each and when you get fine enough you could use film.

Cutting bread with a super sharp serrated is almost as much fun as cutting a steak at a restaurant with my Roland Lanier.

Attachments:
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I have yet to sharpen the serrated Tojiro knife that I posted. It is still very sharp as it came from the factory because I only use it on my end grain cutting board and it doesn’t get used more than a few times a week. I anticipate that I’ll probably put a micro-bevel on it with my Spyderco Sharpmaker when the time comes to refresh the edge. At this rate, I anticipate that it will be sharp for several years. Clay has mentioned several times over the years that he has been working on a serrated knife tool to be used on the WE. Perhaps that will be brought to market by the time this knife needs sharpening.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.