Advanced Search

WEPS toothy edge vs. Diamond wheel toothy edge

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos WEPS toothy edge vs. Diamond wheel toothy edge

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Hey guys! I just got a new “grit” wheel to replace my gritted paper wheel… I wanted to show you guys the difference in edges between this wheel and the wicked edge PRECISION sharpener 😀

The wheel is a 120 grit diamond wheel (not sure of the matrix at this point). I used it with no lubrication free-handing it on the same place of the wheel as i drug the edge across it. It is very sharp and will pop hairs off of my arm w/ no issues. I removed the burr with the slotted paper wheel. Here is what it looks like…

Here is a knife I finished on the WEPS with the 600 grit diamond stones (if i remember correctly) and removed the burr with the same. WOW I love this toothy edge!

Before:

After:

I will say that the wheel is advertised as “120 grit” but when I feel it in reality it feels on the 400/600 grit level… It most certainly doesn’t feel anywhere close to the 200 grit WEPS paddle.

The WEPS is the ONLY thing I sharpen my personal pocket knives on 😀 for obvious reasons!! Thanks for looking.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Wow Josh, that’s incredible! I’d never seen a comparison like this. Let alone the result :cheer: . Thanks for sharing!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Nice Josh! Great comparison (and great shots!)

Ken

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.