Advanced Search

WE130 Washer Stack

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance WE130 Washer Stack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 22

Hello guys. My WE130 just made it home today! Is the washer stack right? It has 6 sets of washers, and the photo in the Wicked Edge clamp disassembly/cleaning shows a washer stack with only 5 stacks of washers. I am wondering if there is a mistake.

Attachments:
    000Robert
    Participant

It seems to be working just fine, so I guess it is ok.

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 263

Some people find the camp requires too much force to close even with the adjustment and reduce the number of washers.  The washers are actually the springs that provide the tension.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant

Yeah, I figured that the washers provided the tension. The knife (first knife) that I am sharpening right now is 0.094″ at the spine. The vise clamp closed good and snug but it didn’t seem to be too tight. I’ll keep an eye on it.
    Man, I love this WE130! It is awesome! They must have did some tweaking to it because I haven’t had any of the problems that others have talked about. Everything stays nice and tight except for the guide rods, but I expected that. They only loosen less than half a turn. After I get some new ball joints for my 12″ guide rods, I’ll lock them in with a tiny dab of threadlocker or Teflon tape.
    But everything else stays nice and tight. And every time I’ve switched to the next set of stones, the angles have been spot on to the 10th of the degree! Just outstanding! Thanks Clay and everybody!

• This reply was modified 5 days, 22 hours ago by 000Robert.
    Attachments:
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 122
    • Replies: 2925

There is been a slight design change to the whole cam follower and washer stack and we added two more washers to the newer units.

-Clay

2 users thanked author for this post.
    000Robert
    Participant

Thanks, Clay! Yall did a great job. If a knife seems to fit too tight in the vise clamp jaws, I’ll just use the 1/4″ jaws.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 21 hours ago by 000Robert.
    1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.