Advanced Search

VSTAs – The DIY Version

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS VSTAs – The DIY Version

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Thought I’d share something I’ve been playing around with today. Just finished the fitting and might call it a night.

If anyone cares to stick around while I [hopefully] see this to the end, please let me know and I’ll do my best to keep the thread updated.

As always, thank you.

~Steven

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

So what did you do? Attach a plate to the old angle blocks? A couple more photos are needed for blockheaded users like me.

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

So what did you do? Attach a plate to the old angle blocks? A couple more photos are needed for blockheaded users like me.

Yes sir, that’s pretty much exactly what I did. There are a few spare pieces of 1/8″ G10 hanging around here in the apartment. I have a few ideas on making a hot-rod-mod, which I may or may not pick back up later on at some point, but I really wanted to keep it as simple as possible with the least amount of machining necessary. Reason being, if it functions properly and produces the same result as the WE VISTAs, it’ll be somewhat of an easy and fun mod for whomever

I used a scrap 3/4″x1/8″ aluminum flat bar as the template. The aluminum bar would obviously work just as well as the G10 since the dimensions are what matters using the PP1 arms. So, they’re you go. Pick some up at your hardware store and get cracking! 🙂

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

Excellent. I would have made my own if I didn’t buy it already. They look like they match the angle of the arms better .

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant

They look like they match the angle of the arms better .

Yep! I actually have to thank YOU for this since I watched your video right before I started making them. 🙂 .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.