Advanced Search

Using Gen 3 Pro (pre-2017 Model)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

When you use your (pre-2017) Gen 3 Pro do you make use of the two black thumb screw knobs on the surface of the blue plate.

Black-Knobs

These knobs when tightened down take any wobble out of the angle adjustment rod end brackets. I find when they’re tight it is sort of hard to slide the angle adjustment lever left or right to change the angle settings.  If theses knobs are loosened first it is easier to move the lever.  Then I tighten them down when I’ve finished changing the angle to stabilizes the adjustment arm end brackets.  I’m curious how many of you ever loosen or tighten these black thumb knobs.  I believe these were done away with in the 2017 Gen 3 Pro Model.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

I keep them snug, and adjust my angles as needed.  Tighten them up each sharpening session, but not too tight as to allow for angle changes.  Otherwise, I don’t pay much attention to them.  I’m glad they’re there; they do serve a useful purpose.

Alan

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I loosen them before angle changes and tighten them after angle changes. I believe this is how they were intended to be used.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Thank you Alan and Mr D.  After I messed with them one time and discovered what I guessed was their purpose I too use them as you do David.  Backing them off makes angle adjustments much easier.  I never read any documentation that referenced them or described their intended use.  So I wondered if others take on them was the same as mine.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I think I learned what they were for from the video that Clay did when the model was introduced, but I can’t seem to find it with a quick search. Anyhow, I knew that is what they were for prior to purchasing the unit.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.