Advanced Search

Unbelievable!.. but who gets the credit here ???

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Unbelievable!.. but who gets the credit here ???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

Either Clay or the webmaster or someone has posted on the home page under the NEWS topic of “Comparisons of Knife Sharpeners”.. some unbelievable micrographs, some of the best of their type that I have ever seen, but who took those photos and wrote the text?? see: this link

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Very nice comparison! Also curious.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

That’s from Clay’s original blog before this site (that still has some other great info)…

http://sharpeningtechniques.blogspot.com/

cbw

BassLake Dan
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 110

That’s from Clay’s original blog before this site (that still has some other great info)…

cbw

Humm,.. I guess I did not see that on the blog.. I have been over there once in a while, but must have missed it… And what thru me off was this part of the text at the end of the micrographs ”
    There are several sharpeners that I would love to test. If anyone would like to loan me a Spyderco Sharpmaker or an Edge Pro, I’d be grateful to test them and photograph the results, then send them right back.”

I kind of imagine that Clay has a Sharpmaker and an edgepro tucked away in that backroom “industrial espionage lab” , don’t you think?? So I sort of assumed that it was written by someone else..

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I did this study a couple of years ago, and at that point I hadn’t had my mitts on the Sharpmaker or Edge Pro yet….

cbw

Humm,.. I guess I did not see that on the blog.. I have been over there once in a while, but must have missed it… And what thru me off was this part of the text at the end of the micrographs ”
    There are several sharpeners that I would love to test. If anyone would like to loan me a Spyderco Sharpmaker or an Edge Pro, I’d be grateful to test them and photograph the results, then send them right back.”

I kind of imagine that Clay has a Sharpmaker and an edgepro tucked away in that backroom “industrial espionage lab” , don’t you think?? So I sort of assumed that it was written by someone else..[/quote]

-Clay

Joyal Taylor
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 52

I’ll try add to this study with before and after sharpening with the SharpMaker and KME system. I used Kershaw Crown knives that were on sale at Walmart a few months ago. The bevels are at 40 degree inclusive angles. With the WE, I stopped the progression at 1000 grit and didn’t strop. The edge photos are at 400x.

factory edge

KME system

SharpMaker

Wicked Edge

For fun, I took a look at the knife point before and after sharpening with the Wicked Edge.
    I didn’t try to sharpen the top of the point. It just turned out that way for some reason.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.