Advanced Search

Ultrasonic cleaners

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started Ultrasonic cleaners

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Danny
    Participant
    • Topics: 11
    • Replies: 26

Ok.  So I was thinking about the ultrasonic cleaner to clean my diamond stones.  I have seen the video on you tube of one man using the machine to clean his stones. This of coarse is a older video on YouTube. I am wondering if anyone is using ultrasonic cleaners to clean your stones, and if so what is a good brand to get?

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 367

Here is info from WE on care and maintenance

https://support.wickededgeusa.com/portal/kb/articles/cleaning-and-cari

Danny
    Participant

Thanks for the reply  I have read the care and maintenance on the stones  I was just trying to get some input on the ultrasonic cleaning of stones.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

If I remember correctly the ultrasonic cleaner is not recommended because it can break down the adhesive on and cause the stones to come off the paddles. I would email or call Wicked Edge and double check with them before getting the sonicator.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 367

I guess my point is a soft scrub brush and some dish soap is a lot less expensive and complicated and I am going to say will do a Much better job than a ultrasonic cleaner ..  So far all I do is hit them with some alcohol spray and wipe them off.. I use the spay bottle of alcohol to remove the red marker I use on the bevel while sharpening.  This also clean strops fairly well..

I bought an  ultrasonic cleaner to clean the nozzle of my airbrush,  and they don’t do much of anything.. don’t waste your money.

2 users thanked author for this post.
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

If I remember correctly the ultrasonic cleaner is not recommended because it can break down the adhesive on and cause the stones to come off the paddles.

Also be careful of your choice of cleaning solutions you use in the ultrasonic.  Some products may loosen the stones by affecting the adhesive that secures the stones. “Simple Green” is one of these products you should never use.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Danny
    Participant

Thanks for all the input. Was just thinking about it because I have actually watched the video a couple of times.   Probly will just stick with cleaning with a soft brush and some dawn.  Also the alcohol spray.  Thanks again.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.