Advanced Search

Tip support clip for wooden base

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS Tip support clip for wooden base

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 367

New guy here, got my WE120 the other week and am starting to learn.  I  also have a 3D printer and like to model and fabricate documflickies  that one could not fabricate out of wood or metal.   So after mounting my WE on a piece of 2×12 (what I had on hand) I found that the tip support rod kept rolling off the table.  I still don’t have a case for all the parts.  So last night I modeled a clip to keep the rod attached to the base and out of the way.  Not really useful to anyone with a stone base.

Next thing to fabricate will be Nijaflex stone stops, with a Nylon adjuster sleeve…

This clip is made from Taulman 910 Alloy which is a type of Nylon.

Tip-support-clip

tip-support-modle-image

• This topic was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by airscapes.
    Attachments:
    4 users thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Nice work!

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I think that would work really well on a granite or quartz base – just use the VHB double-sided tape.  That’s what I used to mount my RAM base to a paper-stone base.  Keine problem.

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 367

I would need to alter the model a little more to use mounting tape.  The clips are really tight and I think it would probably pull off.  Also not sure how well the 910  plastic would adhere in the long run as it is rather slippery being in the Nylon family.   I would be wiling to make a couple and send the out for the postage cost if anyone is interested.  PM me you contact info if so.

Will probably try printing this in Nijaflex filament as that would have no issue sticking to double sided tape.  As a soft and flexible material the model would probably have to be bigger and more bulky to have the same solid holding ability.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by airscapes.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by airscapes.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.