Advanced Search

Thin blade support

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Thin blade support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    William Chan
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

Quick attachable blade support 😉

Attachments:
    Leo Barr
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 812

Looks as if you have some other custom items on the arm angle setters as well. I am certain everyone wants to know what you adapted to create the “quick attachable blade support”, it looks like a very tidy solution.

Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

Looks as if you have some other custom items on the arm angle setters as well. I am certain everyone wants to know what you adapted to create the “quick attachable blade support”, it looks like a very tidy solution.

I’ve heard tell that a picture is worth a thousand words. In this case, I may also need the thousand words!

I’m a real newb….. I see custom mods. :huh:

I would enjoy hearing your description.

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

William Chan
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

Hi guys,

Started with a RAM Mounting Systems RAM-B-166U, machined ball mount to fit, drilled and tapped riser block for 1/4-20 helicoil insert. Blade holder is made out of 6061 alum, 60 degrees V notch lined with gaffers tape.

I’ve also made the following modifications and add-on.

Replaced the thumb screws on the micro adjuster with nylon tipped setscrews on both front and back, nylon tip will conform to the threads without damaging. Once properly tuned, I can micro-adjust on the fly without loosening or tightening the setscrews.

Next is the 1/8″ hex driver for the micro adjuster, 1/8″ insert bit attached to a knurled thumb knob. I like to verify the angles on every stone change and adjust if necessary. Fine tuning angles has never been easier 🙂

Replaced the thumb screws on the main angle selector with a set of stainless adjustable handles. removed the springs that locks the handles in place so I can engage and disengage the handles manually, added a set of knurled thumb nut to spin the disengaged threaded portion quickly.

Three sets of new arms 8″, 10″ and 12″, I mainly use the 8″ one.

Delrin handles for sand papers, “borrowed” my daughter’s glue stick to stick them on, works great and easy to remove.

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

Cool,,, I think supporting the rear of the blade is a better idea.

Like the “Delrin handles” too.

Welcome to the forum!

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

This is a shout out to Voodoodaddy,
    I sent Voodoo a pm telling him I just loved his mods and asked if it would be possible to have him make a set for me? Short story is, in no time at all he had them to me.
    They are FANTASTIK! It changes the whole game! I can make adjustments now on the fly! They work so well with my chosera’s I just can’t believe it?
    Voodoo A huge thank you to you! My WE just went to the next level!

cakebakem
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

Very nice work.Form and function.

Doug Thompson
    Participant
    • Replies: 9

Great looking set up. Would be interested in obtaining one, if possible

Doug Thompson
    Participant
    • Replies: 9

Would be interested in getting info on how to purchase this set-up

jared
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 4

Where did u find the hardware to make the adjustment knobs and handles?

jared
    Participant
    • Replies: 4

Did he tell u where he got the hardware?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Sorry I am late getting to this remarkable piece of work. That thin blade support is awesome to the max mate. Also the locking screw on the angle adjustment bar. I have a feeling many would like to buy these items if you feel you could reproduce them without sucking up all your spare time.Can you give us a hint as to the price you would charge for each of the thin blade support and the adjustment/locking screw. I too am interested in one of the supports and two of the locking screws. PM me please.

Best regards
    Leo

David Hill
    Participant
    • Replies: 38

I would be very interested in the following mods…

Replaced the thumb screws on the micro adjuster with nylon tipped setscrews on both front and back, nylon tip will conform to the threads without damaging. Once properly tuned, I can micro-adjust on the fly without loosening or tightening the setscrews.

Next is the 1/8″ hex driver for the micro adjuster, 1/8″ insert bit attached to a knurled thumb knob.

Would you be interested in making and selling me this set up? If so, how much, shipped to Nebraska? Thank you so much for your consideration! Your modifications are practical, heavy duty and beautiful!!! I just wish I had your creativity and skill. I would be interested in some main angle adjusters with metal knurled knobs if u had any ideas. I don’t think I would want to go with the full handle though like yours though. Just the knobs to somewhat match the micro adjustment knobs. Thanks again for your post!!!

Davidghemail@gmail.com

Davidghemail

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Those are the most awesome mods I’ve seen so far. Clay, you need to hire this guy!

Ken

R. Jeffrey Coates
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 55

WOW !!! Very nice mods. I too would be interested in buying these mods.

Thanks for sharing them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.