Advanced Search

The Wicked Edge Panavise/Suction cup mod

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpener and Accessory Maintenance MODS The Wicked Edge Panavise/Suction cup mod

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

Good luck…. IM still trying to be able to create a New Post… IM still getting a forum ID error when trying to do so.
    Also Ive sent email to address this issue with no response. Also asked that the forum format be change so the font color is more visible.. again not response.
    Also I the forum format, the correct protocol is create a new ” Thread ” not a new post… Posts are comments made within a thread. creating a Zznew thread is a simple matter of hitting the reply button.

IS anyone monitoring this forum, where is the webmaster? Who is the webmaster, and where is the contact link to address an issue?

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Give ’em a chance to return from the weekend.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

EvilTwin, this forum has just been converted to a new software platform. So there are still some issues. The developer is aware of issues like the text color and the white space and he has promised they will be dealt with. See his posts here: https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/welcome-to-the-wordpress-forum/ . But I don’t think he monitors the forum on a daily basis.

I’m a mod and though I cannot modify the forum software, I may be able to help you with other issues. What’s the problem with creating a new thread/post? Who did you send an email? Can you post a pic of the error?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since the first day I was here, I was unable to create a New thread.
    the error message in the subject line says ( ERROR: Forum ID is missing.)
    I contacted Wicked edge via the contact us link
    I’ve also sent 5 separate emails ( Pm’s to the developer ) via the forum message system. the messages have been sent on multiple occassio0ns over the last week.
    Over the 7,000 + members who have logged on here, there are less than 5 active members, since I’ve been here. I’ve opened message board domains, I over see a 5 million member automotive forum for the last 15 years, and have been doing this stuff for a very log time. If Wicked edge is serious about getting a forum up and running, this is not the way to do it. I’m more than willing to help. and very chatty, and as an engineer, can offer insight to potential problems. The software used here is nothing short of sad. The idea of a wicked Edge forum is a great idea, but even for a well seasoned forum advisor, this is not the way to go. if the developer isn’t here every day to get this forum up and running, it chases people away. most wont come to a forum with no activity. that’s why of the 7000 plus people who have logged into this wicked edge forum, none of them actually post anything, or want to get involved. People have been asking for a font co9lor change for two weeks, its a simple matter to change the code. I can see the server capacity is very small, there is little band width. even with no activity here it takes, several seconds ( lag ) to go from submit to actual post. If a dozen people where here and actively posting, that lag would increase. It would be better for wicked edge, not to have a website, than to have one that doesn’t work properly, or enough horse power, and a webmaster to maintain it.
    This is how I see it. IM willing to hang in here for a little while longer, in the hope that something happens..Telling me that they will get around to it, give them time , let them return from the weekend, has nothing to do with my request from 10 days ago.
    Bill aka ET

Anonymous
    Inactive

FYI, it took 11 seconds to post the above comment from the time I hit submit, to the time it was actually posted. That is a very bad sign. Is the developer using a home PC as a server?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.