Advanced Search

The video thread

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started The video thread

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Josh’s “Finding the Sweet Spot” is an example of what I’m talking about. It is very specific in the title and very demonstrative in the content. Very little of your time watching is unproductive. They should all be like that.

On occasion, I will admit to my foibles and this might be such a case. I am a vision-oriented person. I learn from what I see. Not from what I hear. Videos are interesting to me where they visually demonstrate problems and solutions. I have a bad case of ADD and I do not process audio (spoken) information very well. I avoid talking on the telephone as much as possible. I can have an extended, intelligent conversation with you on the phone, but when I hang up, I am likely to forget much of it. Because of this, I prefer to converse via text. I enjoy watching knife-related videos but lose interest where there is a lot of inarticulate jabber or long-winded dialogue. Trying to find three minutes of valuable info buried in a twelve-minute video is a non-starter for me.

Yes, I read a lot and I watch more television than almost anybody you know. Good television has the ability to focus your attention to the exclusion of all else. Not so for YouTube videos. Thank God for DirecTV and the pause and rewind buttons. Sorry if that offends anyone.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Mark, would it be possible to do more of a link with text so it is more consolidated? you can just update the OP so people have an easy reference. like this:

Sure I could, but maybe I understand you wrong. When I read this thread, the title of each video is in white letters on a big black beam at the top of every video. And these titles (at least of the ones posted here) are pretty informative and spot-on.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

I don’t know whether we’re in the middle of a site overhaul, but someone likes WEPS videos a lot :cheer:

http://www.wickededgeusa.com/videos/

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

I don’t know whether we’re in the middle of a site overhaul, but someone likes WEPS videos a lot :cheer:

http://www.wickededgeusa.com/videos/%5B/quote%5D

We are in fact in the middle of a site overhaul 🙂 I was just getting ready to put up a post about it…

-Clay

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.