Advanced Search

The Dutchman🇳🇱

Recent Forums Main Forum Getting Started The Dutchman🇳🇱

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GJHM28
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3

I am a new user and I bought the 130 system.

Just practicing a bit on the kitchen knives.

I also did a few modifications such as the dust covers, also made one from a bicycle tube to cover the clamp.

I,m very interesting in the larger micro adjustment systems and loving the ones with the stainless steel  bolds.

Never seen a pair made off polished or brushed stainless steel rod ends with very precision bearings.

Hopefully someone will help me with this idea.

Kind regards

Attachments:
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2731

Welcome to the Wicked Edge forum, The Dutchman, GJHM28.

Kindly accept my constructive criticism:

I see from your photos provided that you have inserted a large diameter washer between the hexed thumb wheel jam lock and the rubber dust boot.  You have positioned the hex nut side of the jam wheel so it is oriented inward towards the extra washer.  The washer must compress the rubber dust boot in order to lock the micro-angle adjuster securely.

I submit to you that by eliminating this extra washer, moving the dust boot up out of the way and reversing the hexed thumb wheel, it will work better. That would position the large diameter flat side of the jam wheel inward to directly contact against the mini L bracket.  You will still have the same desired functionality it appears you were seeking by using the extra washer in your setup.

You will gain more micro-angle adjustment range from the additional exposed threads you’ll gain by eliminating the washers and moving the compressible rubber boot up out of the way.  This is done by cutting an upside-down “U” shape notch in the boot skirt.  You’ll have easier and unobstructed access to the exposed hex nut, with it facing outward.  This in turn allows easier access to use a wrench on the hex nut to hold or lock the jam wheel.  The jam wheel can also be held in place with a wrench while inserting a hex tool into the ball end screw’s hexed inset end.  Then you can hold the adjustment position while locking the jam wheel simultaneously.  I think my suggestion would be a simpler setup with better functionality.

New-Mini-Bracket

When working with digital angle cubes, especially models that are very precise and sensitive, the ability to hold the adjuster screw’s position while locking that position tightly is very helpful
    Bracket-wth-tools

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    GJHM28
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 3

Hi Marc.

Thank you very much for your very quick reply and a helping hand.

Sorry for my writing sometimes but my English language is not very good

I like the larger micro adjustments with the nice knurled stainless steel on your sharpening systeem the ones on the pictures.

Is it possible to give me any information where I could buy  a pair of them.

kind regards Geertjan.

Attachments:
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2731

Custom Accessories List (made by forum members)

Contact: NotSharpEnuff, via private message.   I bought the micro-angle adjusters in that picture from Ed K, “NotSharpEnuff”.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.