Advanced Search

thanks everone for the help

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat thanks everone for the help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alva summerall
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Replies: 6

first i would like to think everone for their help, as yall know i am still some what new to the WE family and i still run into problems that yall have been so nice to help me out with. well here is another one it seems that when i tighten a knife in the vice it leans to the left and im not sure why it starts out stright but as i tighten it starts to roll to the left ever so slightly and thows my bevel off just a little i know i need the angle cube but im nor sure that the angle is the problem it needs to bee stright up and down plz help once again i ty in advance……Alva

Scott Babineaux
    Participant
    • Replies: 80

Assuming the blade is not full flat or an extreme hollow grind and you have good flat spine; it could be the vise. That’s exactly how I first noticed that I got one of the vises with a bad heat treatment. The longer I used it worse it got.

Bill
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

Hello Alva, I think I might be able to help. Try adding a piece of foam tape to the top of each clamp, this will help stabilize the blade. Also use less force (side to side) when using your stones. Let the stones do the work. Hope this helps…… Bill

Alva summerall
    Participant

well i havent noticed any bowing at the tip of the vice the close all the way with no spreading but i will take a closer look ty very much

Alva summerall
    Participant

ty sir i will try that and get back to you i dont think i use to much presure but i will pay closer attention at this to make sure thamks for the advice

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.