Advanced Search

SWAT ACCESSORY

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements SWAT ACCESSORY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mark Massie
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 37

Clay,

I apologize in advance as I know you must get tired of the question, but any specifics on when the SWAT Accessory will be available?

Thanks,

Mark L. Massie
    Choctaw, OK

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

We finally got the latest prototype in and it looks great. I think we’re ready for production. I’ll announce as soon as we have pricing and a lead time. Photos to follow later today.

-Clay

wickededge
    Keymaster

Here are a couple of pictures I just snapped of the new parts:

The only change I’m imagining now is to replace the thumb screw with a regular #10-32 socket head cap screw. The Allen key on the vise key will fit it and by not having the larger thumbscrew, it can get all the way up against the blue base for the smallest of angles.

Attachments:

-Clay

Mark Massie
    Participant

Clay,

Thanks for the update and I believe the additional change you are recommending will be a much appreciated change. I realize this should probably be self explanatory, but can you provide a quick synopsis of how the system will work to confirm my understanding based on the pictures?

Thank you,

Mark

Mark Massie
    Participant

Clay,

Just looking at the picture, wouldn’t the width of the vice key become an issue with tightening the socket screw with the SWAT set-up for the sharpest angles?

Thanks,

Mark

wickededge
    Keymaster

Clay,

Just looking at the picture, wouldn’t the width of the vice key become an issue with tightening the socket screw with the SWAT set-up for the sharpest angles?

Thanks,

Mark

Mark, that’s a good question, I was worried about the same thing. I tested it out though and there is enough clearance. The perspective of the photo is probably a little bit misleading.

-Clay

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

Clay,

Thanks for the update and I believe the additional change you are recommending will be a much appreciated change. I realize this should probably be self explanatory, but can you provide a quick synopsis of how the system will work to confirm my understanding based on the pictures?

Thank you,

Mark

SWATS have to be on the key stock. Find the angle you wish to sharpen at like you normally do and tighten in position as you normally would. Now, slide the SWAT over to where it meets the stone/paddle, and tighten at that position. Now you can make up for any difference in stone thickness when changing stones by simply loosening the angle arm clamp, and sliding it over so that the new stone contacts the SWAT, and retighten the angle arm clamp. No need to use the angle cube to keep stones at chosen angle.

Hope that makes sense

Mark Massie
    Participant

Clay,

Great news on the clearance of the vice key and thanks for the explanation as to how the SWAT will work. Your explanation is clear and is just like I understood the SWAT would work. I can’t wait for the product to become available. Thanks for all you and your team do.

Thanks again,

Mark

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I missed this. What does this device do?

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

Hey Guys,

Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere, but I missed this. What does this device do?

couple posts up:

SWATS have to be on the key stock. Find the angle you wish to sharpen at like you normally do and tighten in position as you normally would. Now, slide the SWAT over to where it meets the stone/paddle, and tighten at that position. Now you can make up for any difference in stone thickness when changing stones by simply loosening the angle arm clamp, and sliding it over so that the new stone contacts the SWAT, and retighten the angle arm clamp. No need to use the angle cube to keep stones at chosen angle.

Hope that makes sense

I SO want this!

Ken

Geocyclist
    Participant
    • Topics: 25
    • Replies: 524

WOW :cheer:

That is brilliant. I am definitely up for that. This would also be good to check every stone. I know I “should” check every stone, especially the water stones as they may not all be 100% equal thickness (especially after flattening).

Looks nice.

Mikedoh

[/quote]

I SO want this!

Ken[/quote]

Ken, the best way for you to get one, is to order two, and send me one. 🙂

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

I too must have one!! 😛

Ken Buzbee
    Participant
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 393

I SO want this!

Ken

Ken, the best way for you to get one, is to order two, and send me one. :)[/quote]

Hey, if that’s what it takes! 😉

Ken

Mikedoh

Well, it may not take that, but IMHO, it is “the best” way.
    Would certainly be thank’n ya.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.