Advanced Search

Swapping plates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Alan Ryder
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 8

i currently have the 1500/glass platen set. I was planning to get the 2200/3000 diamond set then swapping the glass and 2200 plates. How hard would that be to do and how would I go about it?  Any reason not to do it that way?

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

Alan, my new plates like yours are due to arrive tomorrow.  I am not sure which gluing method was used on those new stones.  I believe it was done with “hot glue” and not with 3M VHB adhesive tape like previous stones.  Either way, it is just as easily done to swap the stones on the handles.  I recently posted in this thread how I did this: https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/re-the-new-2200-3000-stones/page/3/#post-50887

The only reason you may not want to do it is it may void the warranty.  You may want to check with W.E.  I don’t know how or if diamond stones are covered.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Alan Ryder
    Participant
    • Topics: 6
    • Replies: 8

Thanks. I had tried looking searching first I figured someone had done it already. Apparently my google skills are severely lacking.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I’ve done it a dozen times or more, but like Marc, I’m not sure if they are attached with hot melt adhesive or the 3M VHB tape.  I’m sure Clay will pipe in here and give us his instructions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.