Advanced Search

Super polished edges

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Photos Super polished edges

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 490 total)
  • Author
    tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

I wuz cruizing thru some of the beautiful knife photos on this page this morning and noticed that the post by Joe Manco (09/26/2016 at 9:13 pm) showed an Osborne knife – a maker I didn’t know much (more like anything) about.  So I went to his web site http://www.osborneknives.com/.  If you want to look at some really fancy knives, give it a look-see.  For those like me, who are about as amateur as you can be in knifemaking, you find your head spinning; and thinking “I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy!”

Joe_Manco
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

I wuz cruizing thru some of the beautiful knife photos on this page this morning and noticed that the post by Joe Manco (09/26/2016 at 9:13 pm) showed an Osborne knife – a maker I didn’t know much (more like anything) about. So I went to his web site http://www.osborneknives.com/. If you want to look at some really fancy knives, give it a look-see. For those like me, who are about as amateur as you can be in knifemaking, you find your head spinning; and thinking “I’m not worthy, I’m not worthy!”

That’s actually a Benchmade 950 Rift designed for Benchmade by Osborne. Its an exclusive model(still available). I bought it I impulsively second hand because it was black and orange(Harley colors) and has become my favorite back pocket knife for the last couple of months. I usually carry a Para2 back there but can resist grabbing this one every morning.

Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Willis68, that’s about as perfect as I’ve seen it. Great work and thanks for sharing the photos! Was this done with the diamond films or diamond paste on strops?

Willis68
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 32

I started with 50 grit used all diamonds and 1200 1600 Ceramics then LeatherbStrops 5 Micron down to .5

Willis68
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 32

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Here is the ZT Strider 0301 Collaboration: Blade: S30V stainless-steel Tungsten DLC coating with Tiger Stripes. 4.25″ blade length. 0.156″ thick. Scales: 3-D machined G-10 and titanium in Ranger Green. Pocket clip: Reversible, removable to tip-up or tip-down carry. Closed: 5.25″ Weight: 8.6 oz. Sharpened on Wicked Edge with the following progression at 19 degrees per side: Shapton – 120#, 220#, 320#, 1000#, 1500#, 2000#, 5000#, 8000#, 15000# Strops – 1mµ mono diamond, .5mµ mono diamond, .25mµ mono diamond, .125mµ CBN, .050mµ poly diamond, .025mµ poly diamond

Attachments:

Wow, looks great! How does it cut?

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

I started with 50 grit used all diamonds and 1200 1600 Ceramics then LeatherbStrops 5 Micron down to .5

That’s impressive that you got this result, starting with the 50g stone. That stone is usually reserved for some very serious metal removal… and can leave scratches that are hard to remove.

Use with caution! ? ?

Clint Kirch
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 8

Having a little fun with a Manix 2.

-C

Attachments:
    5 users thanked author for this post.
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Great edge!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

One of my wicked edge “victims” ? made it to YouTube with the dr frunkey channel.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 5

I sent him to Josh for the really pro work

6 users thanked author for this post.
    Clint Kirch
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: justify;”> More fun with a Grizzly Creek folder!</p>
    <p style=”text-align: justify;”></p>

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Joe_Manco
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 20

This clock is 10′ behind me in the reflection on the blade edge. I had to focus on the piano in front of me to get the clock behind me in focus, that’s why the blade is not in focus in the 2nd and 3rd pictures

IMG_9570
    IMG_9571
    IMG_9572

Attachments:
    5 users thanked author for this post.
    Clint Kirch
    Participant

Benchmade Proxy got a little love.

-C

Attachments:
    dulledge
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 183

Benchmade Proxy got a little love. -C

Looks fantasic! What was your progression and angles? Did you put micro bevel at the end?

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 490 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.