Advanced Search

Suggestion for Gen 3 Pro Backplate: make it in two sections

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Suggestion for Gen 3 Pro Backplate: make it in two sections

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Leisureguy
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

I have suggested this in an email, but thought I’d post so others could give their feedback. It seems to be that the Gen 3 Pro backplate should be in two sections, one for the upper unit, the sharpener, and the other for the lower unit, the shelves. That way, if you take the sharpener off the shelves to be a standalone unit, its backplate would come with it. There’s no reason for the backplate to be one unit, especially since sharpener and shelves are made so they can be used independently.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Leisureguy, Welcome to the Wicked Edge Forum.  Any simple changes that make our Wicked Edge Systems more adaptable and user friendly is good in my book.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Leisureguy
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Replies: 2

Thanks, Marc. Happy to be here. I wrote up my progression through sharpeners, and thought you might enjoy it.

I’m in the process of moving, and what with packing have not had a chance to settle down with my new Gen 3 Pro. I’m really looking forward to using it, mainly on kitchen knives and pocket knives.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Leisureguy!

Thanks for the writeup. I’ve been through a similar progression of sharpening devices with starting on cheap oil stones freehand, going to a Lansky (which I still believe is a good bargain), and finally settling in with the Wicked Edge. As you’re aware, every sharpening system has its compromises, but I think you’ll find that the gen. 3 pro sharpener has very few and is a superb tool.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.