Advanced Search

Strop Covers (fit Old and New Handles)

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Sell Strop Covers (fit Old and New Handles)

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Kenneth
    Participant
    • Topics: 26
    • Replies: 33

With covers on will 3 sets of stones still fit in the Gen 3 pro storage shelf? Will they work on diamond and ceramic stones as well?

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Not sure about the Gen 3 shelf as I do not have one.  The covers were designed to  cover strops so they don’t bump each other and cross contaminate grits.  Some guys like to cover diamon stones but it is totally unnecessary same for ceramic.  There is a different cover designed for the water stones to keep them clean in a dirty shop environment.  The wet stones are taller so the strop covers do not fit those.  Hopefully someone with a Gen 3 will let you know.

With the covers on a Diamond Stone the thickness is just about 1.5″

Attachments:
    2 users thanked author for this post.
    Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

The strop cover will work with the diamond stones and ceramics as they have similar dimensions.   “airscapes” does make a deeper cover to be used with the thicker whetstones some of us use.

I cannot speak for how tight or how loose the fit may be with the Gen 3 Pro shelved base when 3 pairs of stones with covers are stored.   My Gen 3 Pro model is mounted flat on a granite base.  I did not buy that shelf unit with mine.  It was optional at that time.

Here is a photo of the Strop Cover width, 26.10 mm, which is just slightly wider than 1″ (1.03″):

Strop-Cover-Width

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.
    NotSharpEnuff
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 120

Kenneth,

Yes, 3 sets of any stones/strops/ceramics/water stones will fit.

Ed K.

Attachments:
    kicker22004
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Is there room for others to sell covers as well? I’m asking because I’ve recently been helping someone who was looking for the covers, I ended up designing a model for storing in the cases and printed them on a 3d printer. Is this something I could sell on these forms or should I take it elsewhere? I’m not trying to intrude just figured more options are always great. I printed the parts in PrusaMent orange PETG but can be printed in a range of colors.

Some changes to the original designs were I added a bottom to the slot to keep them from sliding out when stored and left some play for tolerances as we found that they were not all the same.

Being that it’s printed I also added the numbers to the inside of the track so that cross contamination is less likely to happen.

If this isn’t the site to list them let me know and I’ll go elsewhere.

Thank you

Attachments:
    000Robert
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 406

Is there room for others to sell covers as well? I’m asking because I’ve recently been helping someone who was looking for the covers, I ended up designing a model for storing in the cases and printed them on a 3d printer. Is this something I could sell on these forms or should I take it elsewhere? I’m not trying to intrude just figured more options are always great. I printed the parts in PrusaMent orange PETG but can be printed in a range of colors. Some changes to the original designs were I added a bottom to the slot to keep them from sliding out when stored and left some play for tolerances as we found that they were not all the same. Being that it’s printed I also added the numbers to the inside of the track so that cross contamination is less likely to happen. If this isn’t the site to list them let me know and I’ll go elsewhere. Thank you

I’m not sure about who is eligible to advertise their products for sale here so I can’t help with that. Those covers look really nice. The possible problem that I personally see with them is the thickness of them. With the thin stone covers that I have the stones are a little tight fitting into the stone slots in the foam of my case, but they do fit. Your covers may be too thick to fit the covered stones into the stone slots.

It would be cool to have some stone covers that match the grit colors.

Oh yeah – welcome to the forum!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by 000Robert.
    airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367

Is there room for others to sell covers as well? I’m asking because I’ve recently been helping someone who was looking for the covers, I ended up designing a model for storing in the cases and printed them on a 3d printer. Is this something I could sell on these forms or should I take it elsewhere? I’m not trying to intrude just figured more options are always great. I printed the parts in PrusaMent orange PETG but can be printed in a range of colors. Some changes to the original designs were I added a bottom to the slot to keep them from sliding out when stored and left some play for tolerances as we found that they were not all the same. Being that it’s printed I also added the numbers to the inside of the track so that cross contamination is less likely to happen. If this isn’t the site to list them let me know and I’ll go elsewhere. Thank you

I certainly can’t Strop you 🙂 ..  I have been selling my covers for  strops and whetstone for a long time, but I am not associated with WE, so like you, I  designed and manufacture  a product for a very small niche  market.  Guess all I can say is welcome to the forum.

Doug

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

kicker22004, we’ve always been open and receptive for Wicked Edge Sharpener users who are W.E. forum participants who share their hobby accessories and modifications products on this forum with other W.E. users and forum participants.  Those forum members are contributing their sharpening experiences and knowledge to help other W.E. users while participating in the forum along with sharing their hobby products to our W.E. users and forum members.

Forum posts that are used simply to market or sell something, only to take away something from forum participants are generally considered spam and will be blocked as such.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

kicker22004
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

kicker22004, we’ve always been open and receptive for Wicked Edge Sharpener users who are W.E. forum participants who share their hobby accessories and modifications products on this forum with other W.E. users and forum participants. Those forum members are contributing their sharpening experiences and knowledge to help other W.E. users while participating in the forum along with sharing their hobby products to our W.E. users and forum members. Forum posts that are used simply to market or sell something, only to take away something from forum participants are generally considered spam and will be blocked as such.

Well unfortunately I don’t have any skills in the field of WE just my friend so I’ll post elsewhere as to not break the rules here. Have a great New Year

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.