Advanced Search

Strop Cover

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Strop Cover

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Bill,

These are awesome! Thanks for sharing them.

-Clay

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Im some other topic I saw someone pointing to pre-made strop covers. However, I cannot find it back. Anyone who can help me? Thanks.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Forrest
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 4

Bill,

I was wondering if you make any of the strop covers to sell. I just bought some strops for my dad and these look incredible.  Would love to pick some up for him.  Thanks.  Let me know

Bill Kirkley
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 97

Forrest,

I don’t usually get into making things to sell as this is a hobby.  Look through the thread and you will see the three materials I used: PVC, Delrin, and wood.  The Delrin is likely the most durable, but I like the wood best. I don’t know how the wood will hold up over time.  A potential problem with wood is they may not fit if they swell from humidity

I tried to sell the old PVC set on eBay and got no hits.  They aren’t too great but will do the job.

What material would you want and what would you be willing to pay for a set?   If you want the old PVC covers I will sell them for $10.

Forrest
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 4

Bill,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I replied to your message so we can discuss further.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.