Advanced Search

Stone storage

Recent Forums Main Forum Stone storage

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 8

Hi guys,

Just wondering what everyone is using to store the stones. I see references to a Plano box on videos. Which model?

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 13
    • Replies: 231

Check out MarcH Rack-it products https://knife.wickededgeusa.com/forums/topic/custom-accessories-list/

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Eric
    Participant
    • Replies: 17

Plano box works well for me now

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dwight Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 57

The Plano 3600 series Prolatch Stowaway with 1 Open Compartment, will hold 4 sets of “wicked Edge” sharpening stones with “Protective Covers” purchased from “Wicked Edge” on them, with a snug fit at the ends of the stones where dividers slide in to the box.

The Plano 3700 series Prolatch Stowaway with 1 Open Compartment, will hold 7 sets of stones with the same “Protective Covers”, with a little more room to spair.

Mark
    Participant
    • Replies: 8

Thanks to everyone for responding. I just ordered a WE130 with stones up to 1000 grit. I wasn’t sure which plano box to order. I’m sure I will be adding more as I go. I need to probably go ahead and order strops but not sure which ones to buy.

MarcH
    • Topics: 59
    • Replies: 2041

4µ/2µ Diamond Emulsion on leather is a good starting place.  I strop every knife I sharpen with this pair.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-It)

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.