Advanced Search

Stone storage

Recent Forums Main Forum Stone storage

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant
    • Topics: 5
    • Replies: 8

Hi guys,

Just wondering what everyone is using to store the stones. I see references to a Plano box on videos. Which model?

airscapes
    Participant
    • Topics: 19
    • Replies: 367
    Eric
    Participant
    • Replies: 17

Plano box works well for me now

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Dwight Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 89

The Plano 3600 series Prolatch Stowaway with 1 Open Compartment, will hold 4 sets of “wicked Edge” sharpening stones with “Protective Covers” purchased from “Wicked Edge” on them, with a snug fit at the ends of the stones where dividers slide in to the box.

The Plano 3700 series Prolatch Stowaway with 1 Open Compartment, will hold 7 sets of stones with the same “Protective Covers”, with a little more room to spair.

Mark
    Participant
    • Replies: 8

Thanks to everyone for responding. I just ordered a WE130 with stones up to 1000 grit. I wasn’t sure which plano box to order. I’m sure I will be adding more as I go. I need to probably go ahead and order strops but not sure which ones to buy.

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

4µ/2µ Diamond Emulsion on leather is a good starting place.  I strop every knife I sharpen with this pair.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

3 users thanked author for this post.
    Rodger
    Participant
    • Replies: 20

How do you get 7 sets of stones in a Plano 3700 series Prolatch Stowaway box? Do you have a pic by chance ?

Thanks

Dwight Glass
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 89

I used the “Wicked Edge” “Protective Covers” that are no longer sold by “Wicked Edge” they were made out of smooth Plastic, not corrugated.

The protective covers made out of smooth plastic take less room than the protective covers made out of corrugated plastic.

When “Wicked Edge” sold their “Protective Covers” they were sold under “Accessories” then “Shop Accessories” then “Care And Maintenance” with (Replacement Leather Strip) & (Superaser).

I only have the “Protective Covers” that were sold by “Wicked Edge”.

In Feb of 2020 I do not think I was Aware that “Wicked Edge” had or was going to discontinue their “Protective Covers”.

If I Need “Wicked Edge” Accessories that are not sold by “Wicked Edge” I have contacted “notSharpEnuff” on this forum.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.