Advanced Search

Standard arms

Recent Forums Main Forum Product Announcements Standard arms

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant
    • Topics: 7
    • Replies: 351

Can’t see why people wouldn’t want a race car for $20? 😉
    Perhaps a video for YouTube.

Sorry, I wasn’t trying to cheapen what you were doing, just pointing out the levels people would go to/are going to, to suit their needs. It’s become a very personal choice…

As far as I’m concerned I am putting the soapbox away now. (I have checked for and repaired any weak spots caused by jumping up and down on it)[/quote]

It’s fine xuzme720, I thought it was a funny play on words. :cheer:

A bit of editing can change the original intention of a post.
    It seems people want me to admit that I suffer from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and am somewhat different from a knife collector that strives for a perfect finish on a uber expensive knife.

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Why is this such a big deal?
    Nine months after the event, why not just improve something so all this noise goes away?
    Not when people complain, do it before they buy it.

If only it were so simple… :silly: We have to order our production runs more than a year out, so making changes is very slow and, in this last go round, there wasn’t enough time to go through the process of design, sample, comment, sample, comment, sample, approval, production. That’s why it will be the middle of next year before we can hope to have the stock WE100 models shipping with the new mods. The beauty of the Pro-Pack 2 parts is that they’re being machined by our guys in VT and changes to the design can be fairly quick. The stock parts are extruded and any changes mean changes to the tooling, which takes a while to roll out.

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

If only it were so simple… :silly: We have to order our production runs more than a year out, so making changes is very slow and, in this last go round, there wasn’t enough time to go through the process of design, sample, comment, sample, comment, sample, approval, production. That’s why it will be the middle of next year before we can hope to have the stock WE100 models shipping with the new mods. The beauty of the Pro-Pack 2 parts is that they’re being machined by our guys in VT and changes to the design can be fairly quick. The stock parts are extruded and any changes mean changes to the tooling, which takes a while to roll out.

Well I guess I was wrong thinking that if the WEPS is always on backorder it meant you exhausted the supply from nine months ago.

I can only ask questions and go by what I am told.

wickededge
    Keymaster

Well I guess I was wrong thinking that if the WEPS is always on backorder it meant you exhausted the supply from nine months ago.

I can only ask questions and go by what I am told.

I see why you’d get that idea. We’ve gone on back order for a variety of reasons, most often to do with the stones in the sharpener, but also because, while we place a big order a year out, we then have it released in lots over the year and we haven’t always gotten the timing of the releases right because we don’t anticipate delays or properly project the sales. Other issues with the releases also crop up throughout the process and delay the shipments.

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

I see why you’d get that idea. We’ve gone on back order for a variety of reasons, most often to do with the stones in the sharpener, but also because, while we place a big order a year out, we then have it released in lots over the year and we haven’t always gotten the timing of the releases right because we don’t anticipate delays or properly project the sales. Other issues with the releases also crop up throughout the process and delay the shipments.

If I am to quote facts, then I prefer to hear it from horses mouth.
    I do thankyou for your many replies and insights into your business.

Contrary to some peoples opinions, I have spent over $1,000 now and have not complained about wanting my money back.
    I was offered new (old) arms for free, as you are aware, I declined that offer as I now have the ball joint version.
    I am very happy with my WEPS and only wish everyone had the resources to afford the ProPack II, it is a very nice system.

I feel my voice here is to balance out opinions from your more loyal followers and contribute something to your brains trust.
    It’s a shame some think they know my intentions and that they are evil.
    Too much TV I guess?

Anyway, one more question.
    Will I be on the Christmas card list? 😉

wickededge
    Keymaster

If I am to quote facts, then I prefer to hear it from horses mouth.
    I do thankyou for your many replies and insights into your business.

Contrary to some peoples opinions, I have spent over $1,000 now and have not complained about wanting my money back.
    I was offered new (old) arms for free, as you are aware, I declined that offer as I now have the ball joint version.
    I am very happy with my WEPS and only wish everyone had the resources to afford the ProPack II, it is a very nice system.

I feel my voice here is to balance out opinions from your more loyal followers and contribute something to your brains trust.
    It’s a shame some think they know my intentions and that they are evil.
    Too much TV I guess?

Anyway, one more question.
    Will I be on the Christmas card list? ;)[/quote]

Chris, I always appreciate you and I know you’re main effort is to provide a balanced view and I usually 😉 feel like you’re doing me a favor by pushing a little. It’s really healthy. This thread has been a challenge because there have been a few differences of opinion and it hasn’t been helped by the fact that I’ve been away from decent internet access and maybe that’s made you feel like I was blowing off your comments. I do stand firmly by the statement that I think the stock arms work great as-is for many people but also acknowledge that they can be improved and I will make improvements to them and the rest of the machine as quickly as I can though that might seem painfully slow at times.

If I were one to send Christmas cards, I’d definitely send you one.

-Clay

Chris
    Participant

Chris, I always appreciate you and I know you’re main effort is to provide a balanced view and I usually 😉 feel like you’re doing me a favor by pushing a little. It’s really healthy. This thread has been a challenge because there have been a few differences of opinion and it hasn’t been helped by the fact that I’ve been away from decent internet access and maybe that’s made you feel like I was blowing off your comments. I do stand firmly by the statement that I think the stock arms work great as-is for many people but also acknowledge that they can be improved and I will make improvements to them and the rest of the machine as quickly as I can though that might seem painfully slow at times.

If I were one to send Christmas cards, I’d definitely send you one.

Then why the extra attention I’m getting behind the scenes?

Not once have you said mind your own business or such, but a few others have.
    I must admit, I am confused, why do I have a fan club?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Sorry to be late coming to the party. I am after all semi-retired as Global Mod but here are a few comments.
    First of all I think the Mods so far have exercised restraint in order to allow some healthy if slightly volcanic debate. I can see where some heat was developed.
    The Internet is a great place to communicate, but one of the problems here is that we are not face to face. The problem with that is that you can’t see the commentators face which tells you a lot in a debate. You miss subtleties. But the main problem is that sometimes a comment is made that the person would never had said in a normal conversation. Having done that and not seeing the other person’s response/expression, there is a lapse in time during which the participants stew a bit and their anger starts to get the best of them. Enough of that.
    What I see is some disagreement among persons who really mean no harm. We are a family here and as a kind of grandfather, it is my job to say there, there; no harm done; nobody was trying to dis you and so on. I suggest that if you have further things to say to each other, do it with PM’s to each other, otherwise I suggest the topic should be allowed to simmer down. Should tempers flare too much I am not above freezing the topic, but I would prefer we handle this all like gentlemen.
    For my part I think this debate is over, except to say, I have probably had my WEPS longer than anyone here. I have never found the stock arms that I have had until just recently, to harm my sharpened edges. They are frighteningly sharp no question. If one side of the edge is 1 degree or so off the other side, frankly Scarlet I don’t give a damn! Sharp enough for this human, sharp enough for dozens of hunters who gut and skin out elk and other critters by the hundreds, sharp enough to shave and so on. The WEPS rocks and I have rebutted some of the best sharpeners in the business over this. If you have further concerns let me know and we’ll talk.
    Have a good night guys! I am going back to bed.

Leo

Chris
    Participant

Have a good nigh guys! I am going back to bed.

Leo

Sweet dreams young fella!

Gary Crumb
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 119

It’s fine xuzme720, I thought it was a funny play on words. :cheer:

A bit of editing can change the original intention of a post.
    It seems people want me to admit that I suffer from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and am somewhat different from a knife collector that strives for a perfect finish on a uber expensive knife.

I got it :cheer: and I don’t want you thinking it upset me or anything. Far from it!B) I am a prime example of taking something way over the top and still not being satisfied.:P Call it anal or OCD or whatever…whether it’s a choice or a drive or an obsession it is still a very personal experience. Most people will be fine with the arms in the stock form. Obviously a few of us won’t be. But I’m not sure the few of us that decide to take it to the next level or strive for perfection should expect a complete retooling and the added expense it would mean to future kits. The WEPS system is adequate for most people as it comes out of the box. Is it perfect? No. Can you make scary sharp edges out of the box? Yes, with a little break in. Can the arms be improved? Of course! Not many things around that can’t be improved in some way or other.
    I don’t want this to sound like I’m attacking anyone. I’m simply agreeing with the notion that there is room for improvement but disagreeing with the notion that the stock arms are defective in some way.
    Now where did I set my drink?:dry:

Chris
    Participant

I’m sending a WEPS to Oprah, see if it makes her “favorite things” list. :P:

http://www.oprah.com/packages/oprahs-ultimate-favorite-things.html

Gary Crumb
    Participant
    • Replies: 119

I’m sending a WEPS to Oprah, see if it makes her “favorite things” list. :P:

http://www.oprah.com/packages/oprahs-ultimate-favorite-things.html%5B/quote%5D

Awesome!!:woohoo:

Marion
    Participant
    • Replies: 41

The WEPs makes things sharp, pointy and possibly dangerous. I don’t think Oprah’ll put it on her list…

However, Martha might put it on her list of “Good Things.”

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.