Advanced Search

Show and tell thread?

Recent Forums Main Forum Knife Specific Discussion Show and tell thread?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Aaron kimpton
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 155

Some of my knife collection
    Loukides 1095 steel. This is my hunting knife. Gutted, skinned, deboned 6 deer, 2 goats, 1 sheep

Another two of his knives

One of his bowie knives in 5160

Pocket Knives

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

What no one has a knife fetish?

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

What no one has a knife fetish?

Definitely.
    I think it’s safe to say we all have knife fetishes.
    Since I bought my WE and joined this forum I’ve witnessed, and soon after, adopted, a knife fetish like no other.
    A fetish that this community in particular continues to help me hone [¡pun!].

CliffCurry
    Participant
    • Topics: 42
    • Replies: 461

I couldn’t afford all the knives I wanted so chose to focus on sharpening to keep my knife urges at bay.

Great looking collection BTW! B)

The photo of your old timer brought back memories to the first knife my grandpa gave me as a young kid.

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

The new old timers leave a lot to be desired. Compared to boker,buck at the same price point it is depressing.

Today’s wear
    My vBob and mag, victorinox officer’s automatic, queen canoe folder, GEC bull lock, and 1935 esterbrook. The esterbrook still has tones of ink, when it runs out I will rinse it and move on to the next for a while. The queen knife had a bit of pitting on the slip joint area and spine of the blades when it ariver yesterday. Careless finger prints. I cleaned them off with the 240 grit rust erasers. Oiled everything for today’s use.

Dennis Hibar
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 99

Addiction is more appropriate than fetish! If I live long enough, would like to be a one (or two knifemaker collector). While I have currently have about 115 knives in my collection, my favorite ones to collect are knives made by Alan Davis, out of Boerne, TX. He makes all of his knives by hand, and all are pretty much unique. One of my favorites is this one. I have been taking my time on refining the edge, as I want to make absolutely no mistakes with it! Scales are obviously Mammoth bark. Bolsters are M3 metal composite. The blade is a 3-bar composite Damascus made by Rob Calcinore (in Royersford, PA) which Alan nitre blued. The material used in this Damascus is: 01, 1095, 1080, mild steel, and nickel.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

nice 1911! I like the fact that you carry a spare mag… most people never think of that. i have thought about it… just haven’t done it lol (shame on me!).

I tried to get used to traditionals a while back… just couldn’t. I don’t like having something in the bottom of my pocket all the time. guess I’m just more of a tactical guy! hehe

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

I have a bunch of clip knives. Having lived in CT and traveled ma,ct,ny,NJ inside the pocket knives are near a necessity. I like thinner profile clip knives the big profile zt, emersons, are a thing of my past along with the autos.

Todays,

1935 esterbrook, victorinox officers, boker black jigged congress, Hubertus stag handle lock back, perennial vbob

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

Addiction is more appropriate than fetish! If I live long enough, would like to be a one (or two knifemaker collector). While I have currently have about 115 knives in my collection, my favorite ones to collect are knives made by Alan Davis, out of Boerne, TX. He makes all of his knives by hand, and all are pretty much unique. One of my favorites is this one. I have been taking my time on refining the edge, as I want to make absolutely no mistakes with it! Scales are obviously Mammoth bark. Bolsters are M3 metal composite. The blade is a 3-bar laminate Damascus made by Rob Calcinore (in Royersford, PA) which Alan nitre blued.

That is mildly stunning. Just mildly, on the border of not stunning.

Wow!

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Addiction is more appropriate than fetish! If I live long enough, would like to be a one (or two knifemaker collector). While I have currently have about 115 knives in my collection, my favorite ones to collect are knives made by Alan Davis, out of Boerne, TX. He makes all of his knives by hand, and all are pretty much unique. One of my favorites is this one. I have been taking my time on refining the edge, as I want to make absolutely no mistakes with it! Scales are obviously Mammoth bark. Bolsters are M3 metal composite. The blade is a 3-bar laminate Damascus made by Rob Calcinore (in Royersford, PA) which Alan nitre blued.

That is mildly stunning. Just mildly, on the border of not stunning.

Wow![/quote]

No joke… that is absolutely beautiful!

Dennis Hibar
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 99

Thanks. I edited my post above to include the material used in making that Damascus. While I consider myself pretty good at using the WE (have been using it for more than 3 years), there are certain knives I still take my time with (mainly due to the arthritis in my hands). Don’t want a mirror edge on this one … actually want to keep the edge somewhat obtuse (right now I have it at 28 dps), even from heel to tip, and not very reflective. Which comes to one of the reasons we all love the WE. I have had this one mounted a few times to carefully work the edge and, each time, am able to pick up right where I left off, thanks to the repeatability factor!

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Addiction is more appropriate than fetish! If I live long enough, would like to be a one (or two knifemaker collector). While I have currently have about 115 knives in my collection, my favorite ones to collect are knives made by Alan Davis, out of Boerne, TX. He makes all of his knives by hand, and all are pretty much unique. One of my favorites is this one. I have been taking my time on refining the edge, as I want to make absolutely no mistakes with it! Scales are obviously Mammoth bark. Bolsters are M3 metal composite. The blade is a 3-bar composite Damascus made by Rob Calcinore (in Royersford, PA) which Alan nitre blued. The material used in this Damascus is: 01, 1095, 1080, mild steel, and nickel.

I love how the blue liners ignite the blade. Beautiful bluish hue. Gorgeous.

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

todays, Dan wesson guardian in 45acp, victorinox officer’s automatic, 1935 esterbrook, buck stockman, queen canoe.

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

Dan Wesson guardian in 45acp, victorinox officer’s automatic, 1946 Parker plunger fountain pen, farm field maroon linen sod buster, Queen tear drop liner lock.

Aaron kimpton
    Participant

Dan Wesson guardian in 9mm,
    Victorinox officer’s automatic,
    Patriot pens,
    Boker oak barrel trapper,
    GEC Bull lock knife.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.