Advanced Search

Shapton Glass Stones

Recent Forums Main Forum Pass Around and Buy / Sell / Trade Want to Buy Shapton Glass Stones

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    NickedEdge
    Participant
    • Topics: 9
    • Replies: 53

Anyone have any for the WE they’d want to sell I’d entertain buying them if the grits were compatible with handle menagerie I already have started.

TIA

george

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by NickedEdge.
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by NickedEdge.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

I believe that you can get the Shapton glass stones fitted to WE handles from Jende Industries.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    NickedEdge
    Participant

Thanks OG, I’ve been burning up the wires and internet trying track these down. Now Jende used to have them but the link from their press announcement  about the WE ShapGlass ends up at a dead page on their website. Tom at Jende is my next call…and if I can get just the stones in the grits I want I’ll buy the newer handles and mount the stones myself. As MarcH reminded me this morning the new rods on the Gen3’s are larger diameter than the old handle bores. I’d thought about it but it’s always good to get affirmation of a concern. Gracias!

Marc H
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2735

The Shapton Pro Stones are still available mounted on Wicked Edge handles from  Jende Industries and Oldawan. The Pro Stones are very similar to the Shapton Glass Stones. They are also “splash and go”, not requiring a muddy slurry to exert there action, like Choseras, do.  The Pro Stones are a little softer then the Glass Stones but they have a similar, predictable, consistent scratch pattern.   Both Shapton Stones are consumable, that is they wear thinner and dish with use. They both need to be maintained and flattened with a lapping plate.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

2 users thanked author for this post.
    NickedEdge
    Participant

The Shapton Pro Stones are still available mounted on Wicked Edge handles from Jende Industries and Oldawan. The Pro Stones are very similar to the Shapton Glass Stones. They are also “splash and go”, not requiring a muddy slurry to exert there action, like Choseras, do. The Pro Stones are a little softer then the Glass Stones but they have a similar, predictable, consistent scratch pattern. Both Shapton Stones are consumable, that is they wear thinner and dish with use. They both need to be maintained and flattened with a lapping plate.

MarcH you constantly amaze me with your willingness and ability to enhance a thread.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by NickedEdge.
    2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.