Advanced Search

Serrations

Recent Forums Main Forum Suggestion Box Serrations

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Clay. I remember a couples of years back, you talking about releasing something that would “solve all of the problems we have with sharpening serrations”. Any update on that or anything you can share with us that would give us (You’re loyal, crazy customers)?? 😉

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Clay. I remember a couples of years back, you talking about releasing something that would “solve all of the problems we have with sharpening serrations”. Any update on that or anything you can share with us that would give us (You’re loyal, crazy customers)?? 😉

Still working on it….

-Clay

Lance Waller
    Participant
    • Topics: 23
    • Replies: 138

Still working on it….[/quote]

:angry: Oh come on! 😆

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Still working on it….[/quote]

:angry: Oh come on! :lol:[/quote]

… :whistle:

Aaron kimpton
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 155
    Gib Curry
    Participant
    • Topics: 18
    • Replies: 240

I recently was referred to and watched a sharpening video by Jeff Veff. He has designed his own type of serrations. He also designed a sharpener for serrations.

It’s available on Amazon. Not too expensive.

But, it seems to me that someone on this forum has already mentioned a workable alternative.

Get different diameter wood dowels and wrap various grit sandpaper around them. Select the dowel diameter to fit the serration and it works.

I also seem to recall someone suggesting strapping different sized and grit diamond files to a WE platen.

And of course there are bunches of videos with other non-Wicked Edge solutions.

I’ve been using extra-fine diamond files, sharpie and doing them by hand.

Attachments:

~~~~
    For Now,

Gib

Φ

"Everyday edge for the bevel headed"

"Things work out best for those who make the best out of the way things work out."

Daniel maloon
    Participant
    • Topics: 10
    • Replies: 209

That looks like it could be useful. I typically will use diamond files as well. The sharpmaker works well if you get the serrations in good condition. Josh sells slotted wheels on his site. A buffer will clean everything up quickly whichever way you decide to do it. I know the w.e. is capable of sharpening serrated knives.

Aaron kimpton
    Participant
    • Topics: 8
    • Replies: 155

That looks like it could be useful. I typically will use diamond files as well. The sharpmaker works well if you get the serrations in good condition. Josh sells slotted wheels on his site. A buffer will clean everything up quickly whichever way you decide to do it. I know the w.e. is capable of sharpening serrated knives.

Newborn here, who is josh, what is his website.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Josh is Razoredgeknives. His web site is at http://www.razor-edge-knives.com

Steven N. Bolin
    Participant
    • Topics: 47
    • Replies: 456

Josh is Razoredgeknives. His web site is at http://www.razor-edge-knives.com[/quote%5D

Josh rocks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.