Advanced Search

Second Saturday with my WE

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Second Saturday with my WE

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

It was a beautiful Saturday with a morning rush on pocket knives. I gave my little knife holder a workout first thing this morning. Started out with a Victornox Leatherman type tool doing the straight blade and the serrated. Pocket knives accounted for the majority of revenue this morning.

We had a bit less foot traffic than the week before, but folks are still pleased to see me there doing what I’m doing. Knife sales were about the same. Sold 7 I think.

Got the last customer squared away with his 3 blade Buck pocket knife and his Kabar fixed blade he says he can no longer get a good edge on it. He uses a diamond grit stick like a honing steel on it and has ground down quite a bit of steel. After explaining that to him and that he should just get a honing steel, he walked away satisfied and pleased with his new edges.

I did a little Spyderco knife with I think a serrated blade of maybe 2″ long. It had serrations like you see on those tactical type knives, curved then pointed, then curved. Very aggressive looking. The Spyderco sharpener I bought to do those type of blades worked out to the customer’s satisfaction.

Ended up a few dollar less than last week but still made progress by being there. Looking forward to next weekend.

Eamon Mc Gowan
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 513

Congrats on a second successful outing!

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

u had a good spin for sure mr bob

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.