Advanced Search

Scam on Ebay ??

Recent Forums Main Forum Scam on Ebay ??

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Doug
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 1
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

That does look suspect. I’m particularly wary of the “ships from China” bit because all WE products are made in the USA these days. I don’t know why anyone would legitimately sell for such a low price since it would be at a loss. I’d pass on that.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Organic.
    wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

The link didn’t work yesterday and now takes me to a different listing showing water stones. I keep wanting to visit the listing and pass it on to our patent attorney but keep missing the one you guys have seen. If you see it again, please take a screenshot and note the seller.

-Clay

2 users thanked author for this post.
    bwrightmcse
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

Hey Clay, search for user  juus245

Go to his feedback look for the one user that says “fried” that provided negative feedback, click on his negative feedback  and then click on the link “view item” or “See Original Listing” depending if you are using a mobile device or PC web browser. It looks like he sold 30 of them.

Good luck

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Smells like stolen goods. Is there a dealer out there who would have had that many in inventory?  Maybe a shipment that got hijacked?

bwrightmcse
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 2

I’m going to go with straight up scam. If you look at the sellers feedback (28) Most all of the sales are for a couple cheap balloons for a couple of bucks each and the comments in the feedback are very similar and copied in most instances. IMO these are signs of setting up fake feedback profiles. I would say someone setup a cheapo profile to do a quick scam for 300.00$ USD based on 30 units at 10$ ea. Also If I’m not mistaken PayPal pays out after 30 days so If the seller promises delivery in 45-60 days, he will get paid and disappear after he gets paid in 30 days.  If he was to setup dozens of these fake accounts (using disposable pre-paid credit cards) a month he could theoretically make a decent scam wage based on the cost of living in China. IMO if this is the case he missed the boat, he could have said 100$ per unit and he still would have sold all 30 in hours, lol.

tcmeyer
    Participant
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 2095

Yup, scam makes more sense.  Even a thief couldn’t afford to sell ’em so cheap.  Not to mention he’d be smart enough to know what the value of the stuff he’s selling is.

wickededge
    Keymaster

juus245

Thanks bwrightmcs3 – I think we got them shut down via eBay’s IP protection department but please let me know if you see them pop up again.

-Clay

Doug
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Replies: 1

Go get Dullknife next !!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by Doug.
    wickededge
    Keymaster

Go get Dullknife next !!!

We’re working on that as well. They are former manufacturing partners in direct violation of our NDA and patent.

-Clay

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.