Advanced Search

Sacto CA new member.

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Sacto CA new member.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jon
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

So, I been reading the forums for a few years. It’s really amazing to read the wealth of knowledge  on here. Now am finally pulling the trigger on the Pro pack 3. I was wondering if there is anything else I should get?

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Organic
    Participant
    • Topics: 17
    • Replies: 929

Welcome Jon!

The pro pack 3 is a pretty complete setup and doesn’t need much. I’d suggest getting a USB microscope and some sharpie markers. You might also consider getting the safety shields that they sell in the accessories section.

3 users thanked author for this post.
    MarcH
    • Topics: 74
    • Replies: 2733

Welcome Jon.  I’m glad you finally decided to jump in.  It’s almost endless the accessories you can add.  With the PP3 you have a really good start as it comes with everything you’ll need and most of the extras you might want to have to get started.  I’d suggest you learn how to use your setup and with what you’ve got.  That in itself with the learning curve and the stone break-in period, (if you put the time and effort into it, to truly learn and develop good sharpening technique) may take several months.  By that time I’d expect you’d have a better idea what you’re looking for from your knife sharpening.

Some of us are about utility.  Some of us favor aesthetics.  Give it some time and take this time to learn for yourself what you want and need.  Otherwise, you may find yourself making purchases to to make them

There is one tool I really think you’ll find helpful.  That is a lighted visual magnifying aid.  Whether you use a jewelers loupe, a hand held microscope or a USB microscope to use with your computer or smartphone.  The ability to see your efforts up close is something I wouldn’t want to do without.

Marc
    (MarcH's Rack-Its)

4 users thanked author for this post.
    Jon
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Thank you,  You guys are the true experts! And yes, I had ordered Dino light microscope. Thank you for the you suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.