Advanced Search

Ripper of a day today:Shun – Global – nice tickets

Recent Forums Main Forum Sharpening as a Business Ripper of a day today:Shun – Global – nice tickets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

:cheer:
    East beach fare was great today again.

Had some really nice knives to sharpen today – I like it.

Got a little homework also, some Cutco’s and one Swiss army knife from a repeat customer.

Wicked Edge kinda day today.

See you thur. at whole foods gig. – good luck to everyone.

Vid is like: 17 mins.

Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

You had a much better day than I, although mine wasn’t all that bad. I remember your first vids at that fair, and watched as business got better and better. That’s what I’m waiting for.

Roaming through YouTube yesterday I found a video on sharpening Cutco knives, put out by Cutco and their own sharpening device. Remarkable how closely it resembles my Spyderco sharpener with it’s triangular honing sticks.

Enjoyed the vid as always. Now I’m going to see if you got anything dirt fishing.

tuffy braithwaite
    Participant
    • Topics: 184
    • Replies: 360

today i delivered the family of serrated cutco’s back to the lady from saturday’s fare.

when i started to leave, she said wait a minute, i have something for you to look at. moments later she returns with two vegtable peelers, 1 is cutco and 1 is kitchenaid and wants to know if i can sharpen them.

i said maybe and here is am with the same question to everyone.

i know i can sharpen it, i have some thin files that will fit in between the slots, but i am looking comments and direction.

thanks

Robert Gilvary
    Participant
    • Topics: 12
    • Replies: 53

I might use the magic marker to be sure you’re cutting to the edge and use just the 800/1000 paddle. It’s very thin material and shouldn’t need much. I find that rubbing alcohol takes off the marker coloring left behind.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.