Advanced Search

Requesting Input on Upcoming Forum Changes

Recent Forums Main Forum Welcome Mat Requesting Input on Upcoming Forum Changes

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

That’s great, Chris! Looking forward!

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

bildio
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 3

A way to Mark Forums Read.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 52
    • Replies: 263

I think we’re ready to invite a few people in to the new forum. It’s still at ‘beta’ level but I’d like to get some early feedback.

Please send me a private message if you want to check it out.

Working to make knife.wickededgeusa.com a great forum!

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

I’ve added the ability to mark as read, and also a shortcut on each post (orange > symbol) to ‘jump’ to the first unread post within a topic.

We’ll have to test these and make sure they’re stable features, as they’re based on 3rd party add-ins.

Thanks for the input!

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

I think we’re ready to invite a few people in to the new forum. It’s still at ‘beta’ level but I’d like to get some early feedback.

Josh and Mark – Thanks for volunteering. Wanted to make sure you got my PM, so you can check it out.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Josh and Mark – Thanks for volunteering. Wanted to make sure you got my PM, so you can check it out.[/quote]

Yeah sorry, checking pm’s now… the current system doesn’t notify you when you get them lol, so this will be a welcome upgrade!

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

i’ll give it a try

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

i’ll give it a try

Just sent you info via PM, thanks for taking a look at the new forum.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

I swear we’ll have good PM in the new forum. Seems to have temporarily disappeared, we’ll get it working.

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

Big thanks to Testmark76 and RazorEdgeKnives for providing great feedback about the beta forum site.

I’ve made a few updates there, and would appreciate it if anyone wants to try it out now.

Note: Some of the main functionality is available through the ‘Forum’ menu list; this is where you can navigate easily to a) create a new post (selecting which topic or sub-topic), b) view and manage private messages.

Josh
    Participant
    • Topics: 89
    • Replies: 1672

Big thanks to Testmark76 and RazorEdgeKnives for providing great feedback about the beta forum site.

I’ve made a few updates there, and would appreciate it if anyone wants to try it out now.

Note: Some of the main functionality is available through the ‘Forum’ menu list; this is where you can navigate easily to a) create a new post (selecting which topic or sub-topic), b) view and manage private messages.

Looking very good!!! Much easier to use than the initial one!! :silly:

developer (ChrisB)
    Keymaster

We’ll be moving to the new forum very soon, with the exact date tbd based on a couple of issues the developers are trying to finish up. We may be able to move as early as tomorrow night (Nov. 5 MST), or it may go into the weekend.

We’ve worked to make the new forum as similar as possible to this current forum, for look / feel / navigation. But it’s enough different that users will definitely notice.

At the same time, we’ve tried to make some fundamental improvements, such as better mobile experience and better private messaging.

Please let me know if you have any immediate questions, or want access to the ‘beta’ site.

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Hi Chris,

Could you let us know what you did with the comments the reviewers gave you?

For example, on the beta side it still seems possible to post in the root forum. For me as a mod that’d be a pain in the ass, because it’d probably mean I’d have to move lots of post to the right forums.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

Gregory Johnson
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 1

Whatever happened to the forum sucks a big salty one.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Topics: 14
    • Replies: 427

IM gushing all the input I can give you.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.