Advanced Search

Renaissance in Writing!

Recent Forums Main Forum Off Topic Renaissance in Writing!

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Gary Crumb
    Participant
    • Topics: 0
    • Replies: 119

The first one I am unsure on species but the accent is acrylic, black walnut, pink opal acrylic, another of my own blanks (the white shows blue fire in the light), one of my experiments; a mix of three different shavings in acrylic, black walnut with a matte finish, another of my own blanks, a kingwood baron.

Gary Crumb
    Participant

Last ones coming up…

the first one is an Apollo infinity in Persian turquoise, A Washington in Jobillo, another Baron in Coolibah, one of my own blanks, a segmented olivewood and antler, azurite web (another tru-stone blank), a banded Malachite Phoenix (also tru-stone), one last of my own blanks. The keyrings from top to bottom: Jobillo, one of my own pours(my daily pen is out of this same batch), walnut, antler, segmented Jobillo.

The Tru-stone blanks are actually stone that is crushed and then reformed under very high pressure to make a turn able stone. They are really striking and beautiful and are also an extremely hard material, pretty close to antler but just a bit harder in my opinion.

This is not how I normally shoot my pens but since I’m pretty pressed for time, I went quick and dirty. I hope the real beauty can be seen but as you know, a still picture just cannot show the fire as the light hits many types of wood and even the acrylics. There is a depth that can’t be seen except in person or possibly a video. Enjoy!

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Now that is pure excellence my friend! If those are what you haven’t sold yet, I can only imagine how wonderful the sold instruments were.
    Very well done mate!!! I applaud you…but I am green with envy for your pen case! LOL!

Kudos from
    Leo

Gary Crumb
    Participant

Thank you for the very kind words.

I can not remember offhand where I got the case but I will see if I can find out for you. [on edit] Here you go: leather pen binders

I have also been working on a blank that will give the appearance of stained glass on the finished pen. So far it has not given me the look I am trying to achieve, but I have a new pour I will try to get turned this weekend. I will keep you posted and if it works out, pics to follow.

Mikedoh
    • Topics: 38
    • Replies: 568

Leo
    Any thoughts on the TWSBI fountain pens as inexpensive, nice writing instruments?

Leo James Mitchell
    Participant
    • Topics: 64
    • Replies: 687

Leo
    Any thoughts on the TWSBI fountain pens as inexpensive, nice writing instruments?

Hi Mike
    Good to hear from you. Yes it is a very fine set of pens(from their cheapest model to the more expensive vacumatic pen) and for the money spent you can’t do much better. They are great writers and I believe they can be filled with an eye dropper instead of using a converter or piston…that way they hold a whole truckload of ink. Very worthwhile to own.

Leo

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.