Advanced Search

Recieved a defective 1200 grit ceramic paddle today

Recent Forums Main Forum Recieved a defective 1200 grit ceramic paddle today

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ardvaark
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Replies: 6

Just sent a message and was hoping to hear from clay. One of my paddles arrived with a hole filled with powder today, about the size of a BB but a little bigger. I need to finish a few knives for customers and was counting on them arriving in usable condition today. Can I just go ahead and use it until I get a replacement?hole in 1200 grit ceramic

I was contacted Monday morning by Kyle and they are sending a replacement right out. Hows that for service! Great company.

Thanks,

Peter

Mark76
    Participant
    • Topics: 179
    • Replies: 2760

Peter, I think it’s handier to give Wicked Edge a call. If you post a message on the forum Clay may or may not read it.

Molecule Polishing: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge

cbwx34
    Participant
    • Topics: 57
    • Replies: 1505

If you need to use it, I don’t see why you couldn’t… the only thing I would pay attention to, is that you don’t catch a tip in the hole.

1 user thanked author for this post.
    Ardvaark
    Participant

I also sent a message on the website for help.

Fuceye
    Participant
    • Replies: 5

Lol….you could go to the dentist and ask for a filling….jk 

The edge can be a very large place to find one's self.The trick is to think small.

Ardvaark
    Participant

Seems to work fine, no problems yet. Love the filling idea!

wickededge
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 123
    • Replies: 2938

Someone from Wicked Edge will be in touch today and will get you taken care of. Every now and then those ceramic stones have little pockets that didn’t fully sinter, but that is by far the biggest, most impressive one I’ve seen.

-Clay

Ardvaark
    Participant

Hi Clay, thanks for responding here. I’ve been contacted by Kyle and he is sending out a replacement. Thank you for your great service and for making this Wicked edge knife sharpener. It is nothing less than outstanding. There are so many ways of getting wicked edges on all of my knives. I prefer taking it all the way down to .25 micron. I always get comments about my knives and feel like a salesman for the Wicked Edge sometimes. I know of at least 6 people who were prompted to get one after I spoke with them and my brother will be getting a generation 3. Love the device and the service!

Oh, and I forgot to mention, I love the way these 1200 – 1600 stones ever so smoothly and lightly just kick the metal off the blade. You can feel it and hear it. The perfect stones, well worth the money. I will probably want to try the microfine stones very soon.

Thanks again!

2 users thanked author for this post.
    Alan
    Participant
    • Topics: 15
    • Replies: 206

Someone from Wicked Edge will be in touch today and will get you taken care of. Every now and then those ceramic stones have little pockets that didn’t fully sinter, but that is by far the biggest, most impressive one I’ve seen.

As always, the absolute very best support from Clay and the whole rest of the gang at Wicked Edge.  I honestly don’t know if I’ve ever seen better support from any other company. Almost makes me want to cry.

Alan

Ardvaark
    Participant

Don’t cry. Be happy! Buy there stuff so they stay in America!! If not, then you will need to cry and cry loudly as I will and everyone else.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.